My trip to AIM today...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/23/01 2:28:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My trip to AIM today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob and others...I went to AIM today to pick up may "deal" on the Russian Laminated M44s, and thought I'd let you know what else I saw...

First, they seem to be nicer than SOG, and about 10 miles closer to where I live, they allow walk up sales, and will allow inspections and "Cherry Picking" if possible. Mine were the last two they had left, because I ordered at 9:00am, so I got what I got but they were better than the VGs I got from SOG. They ran out at 10:15am. I would've got another if they had any left...

BUT, I got to check out a list of Specials not on ad, and I thought I would let you know, they have ONE Destroyer carbine in Fair, but complete condition for $109.95. Since their "Good" M44s are as good as others "VG," maybe the "Fair" is actually "Good..."

And I looked at one of the Star Model Bs they have, SWEET.
    $169.95, probably VG++, 85%, solid. I asked if CR, they said they are not on the current CR list BUT they have information they may be and are awaiting a ruling from the ATF, so "stay in touch..."

I also fondled a CZ52, VG++ for $139.95 that was pretty sweet too...

Saw a guy buying a M48 Mauser package filling out a 4473, for $109.95 complete, it looked VG+++ too.

Plus a Turk 38 which was pretty nice also.

The x54R ammo I got on special, $35/440 looks even better than the Russian stuff from SOG I've been shooting, first "Spam Can" I ever bought, kinda neat. Supposed to be Albanian, headstamped 1987, gonna check it with Tuco's because the writing on the can and on the sheet inside looks Albanian, but the can had a sticker "Made in Russia."

It's regularly $42.95, if I had the money I'da got another can. As it is, I have to hide this one from my wife, she only "gave me permission" to charge the rifles on my "emergency" card. I'd say that was an emergency, don't you?

In case I can make it to the August get-together, at least I'll have some ammo.

Edited by: polishshooter at: 5/23/01 3:32:17 pm

Bob In St Louis
    (5/23/01 8:20:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My trip to AIM today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been checking out the AIM web site now on a regular basis because I heard they run occasional specials like this. They started running the add for this one day sale on the Russian M44s a couple of days ago - obviously, a lot of folks keep tabs on them. Yes - I am waiting for that BATF C&R ruling on the Star Super Bs - there are some fine ones available right now from AIM, and from CDNN in Texas.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

Bubba Johnson
    (5/25/01 8:49:40 pm)
    polishshooter: Don't stand too close to the spam can when you pop the top. The air in the can is foreign. They want us to belive the woosh sound is a vacum but it is another commie plot. LOL

Bob In St Louis
    (5/25/01 9:06:42 pm)
    Welcome Bubba Johnson - and don't believe what they tell you - that air in them cans is the sweet breath of Bulgarian female tank drivers.

Kdubya
    (5/25/01 9:53:42 pm)
    Welcome, Bubba (Damn, I like that name!) -

Just don't get in between Polishshooter and Bob ( ) - you'll come out with a Mosin Nagant slung over the arm and a brace of ugly Astra's on your hips. (apologies to Bob)
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
    (5/25/01 10:59:19 pm)
    The recently opened "spam can" is hidden in the utility room and my wife has already asked "What's that smell."

I hope it airs out soon or I may get "busted."

The headstamps on it are wierd, "11" on the top which indicates Yugoslavian, but the date is not at 6 o'clock like Yugo is supposed to be. "87" is at 4 o'clock, and "3" is at 8 o'clock. Do you think it's actually Albanian as advertised? It looks pretty nice, will shoot some this weekend.

Hey Bob, did you see the latest SGN? SOG has the Star Bs as CR. They are $189.99, AIM is $169.99, probably the same condition.

What is the difference between the Model B and the Super B?

And I like the name too, Bubba!

Edited by: polishshooter at: 5/26/01 12:01:13 am

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/26/01 2:32:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My trip to AIM today...
    WELCOME BUBBA!

Alphamale
    (5/26/01 3:01:04 am)
    Welcome aboard Bubba J
    Remember: It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's just fun!

polishshooter
    (5/26/01 7:58:37 am)
    Hey Kdub, don't apologize to Bob, they ARE ugly. Why do you think he LIKES them?

Now for ME, on the other hand, I have discerning tastes. That's why I like $50 "Dropped in the Rubble More Than Once" NRA "Ratty" condition 91/30s.....

Xracer
    (5/26/01 8:06:48 am)
    Hi Bubba....c'mon in, pop a top, and stay for a while.

Bob In St Louis
    (5/26/01 10:17:20 am)
    Polishshooter - The B Super is improved with a stronger safety, a better and quicker take down system, and overall a little beefier. The Spanish Star folks used "Super" the same as "New and Improved".

17th FA Bn
    (5/30/01 9:57:53 pm)
    Polish what are the website addresses for AIM and SOG. Do they have stores in Indiana some where? I come over the border fairly often. Thanks.

Zigzag2
    (5/31/01 8:16:48 am)
    17th FA Bn, as you asked... here is Aim's web-site
    www.aimsurplus.com

Zig

Bob In St Louis
    (5/31/01 7:54:48 pm)
    Last I heard SOG was working on a web site, but I don't know if it is up and running yet.

polishshooter
    (5/31/01 11:35:16 pm)
    No, they are both in Ohio.

SOG is in Lebanon, and AIM is in Middletown, both are about 20 miles North of Cinci.

They are both about an hour from where I live.

SOG needs orders 24 hours before you pick-up, while AIM allows walk up sales.

SOG is to FFLs only, but AIM will sell anything to a non-FFL for a $15 surcharge over dealer price, with a 4473.

Since I'm out of state, I could only get long guns that way...

17th FA Bn
    (6/2/01 12:00:37 pm)
    Thanks Polishshooter and Zigzag2. If any one goes up to Lebanon they can take their wife with them and let them shop for antiques. The downtown area is free of Walmarts and other chains, It has the feel of a late 1800's early 1900's small town.

polishshooter
    (6/2/01 8:56:50 pm)
    SOG's website is www.southernohiogun.com

It's not a very good site yet IMHO.

Edited by: polishshooter at: 6/2/01 9:57:52 pm