1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My Triplex Military experimental load...

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/19/01 10:48:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My Triplex Military experimental load...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, I'm close.

It's going to be a .690 patched (pillow ticking) lead ball, seated on top of three 0 Buck pellets, buffered in 80grs of 7 1/2 birdshot (About 70 pellets.)

Total weight of ejecta: 1 1/2 oz.

Ballistic Products Gas Seal, felt wads to bring to crimp heighth, cardboard overshot wad over ball, tight 8 pt fold crimp, over XX grains 700x. Fiocchi 209 primer. Remington or Win. AA hulls (will test both.)

The only thing I have to work on is the charge, I have a decent 1 1/2 oz. load in 800x, and another in Blue Dot, but need to figure equivalent 700x load...should be good in all temperatures.

I have everything now, weighed everything, tested load height, crimp, will test fire soon.

Goal is Kill Zone, IPSC buff, with ball out to 100yds, Kill Zone with ball and buck out to 40 yds. Shot is just a "kicker," and to give extra energy transfer/trauma at very close range. (10-15 feet)

I have found decent loads up to 1 7/8 oz., will work up with extra shot making the difference.
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/20/01 6:39:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My Triplex Military experimental load...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yup. Put that in your sawed-off side by side the next time you are going out to clean out a room full of terrorists.

Xracer
    (9/20/01 7:48:53 am)
    Better let Emergency Services know when you're gonna test fire that thing so they can evacuate the county!

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 8:08:30 pm)
    How about before and after pictures or a video. In case I don't tell you after the test fire. Get well soon!
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor.

Zigzag2
    (9/27/01 6:33:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My Triplex Military experimental load...
    and make sure you have your cup! and I don't mean Dixie cup, cause you ain't gonna' drink out of it

p.s. Remember 9-1-1

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 9/27/01 7:34:54 am

kdubaz
    (9/27/01 12:33:43 pm)
    Well, Polish?

We await the test results with baited breath!

Fellows, this lenthy silence doesn't bode well for our favorite Polack - suppose we need to send Antique Dr in his 1923 issue ambulance to check things out?
    Keep below the ridgeline!

polishshooter
    (9/27/01 11:09:48 pm)
    Things are kinda on hold, lots of plans, too little time...plus, gotta set up a new loading bench in the garage, wife didn't like seeing the kitchen table taken completely over...

I think she still remembers my first foray into reloading for my "new" .45 at the kitchen table with my "Lee Loader" back in '81 or so...didn't have a "plastic or rawhide mallet" and used my 16oz claw hammer to seat my first primer...she was doing the dishes and almost crapped when it detonated...

...OOPS.
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/28/01 5:42:22 am)
    ROFLMAO. The fun and details of the fine art of reloading!

Walked up behind the wife one nite with a primed case in a pistol and fired it into the floor. Thought she was going down the drain in the sink! Just about got beat to death over that!