The Firearms Forum banner

Mystery Top Break Revolver

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim Hauff 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm hoping to get some pictures this weekend. For now the best I can do is a description.

It's a full size revolver with appox. six in. barrel, top break, heavily engraved and nickle plated. Roughly .38 cal. Wasn't able to find a serial number, proof marks or a manufacturers name on it anywhere.

It has two features I've never seen before.

Instead of having ramped cuts for the locking bolt it has external ramps that end in square steps.

Instead of having a star type extractor residing in a cut on the back of the cylinder, it has a full plate that is slightly larger than the main diameter of the cylinder and only a little smaller than the locking steps.

Does that give anyone a clue? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

Joe

#3 ·
Did an image search on the Galand. This isn't it. The break top versions have the conventional extractor star and those with the full plate extractor use a system where the barrel and cylinder slide forward rather than tip up.

Also the Galand has the conventional cuts for the locking bolt rather than the raised ramps this thing uses. Like I said, I've never seen anything quite like this. I should have photographed it before letting it get away. Shucks!, and other comments. :)

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.