N.R.A.'s "Women On Target" .....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Any of you folks had any exposure to the "Women On Target" program ?
    My "Charming Child Bride" ( otherwise known as "CCB" ) has her Carry Permit and goes to the range with me on a regular basis . One of her buddies has ask her to accompany the "buddy" to a W.O.T. event . "Buddy" has never done any shooting and wants some "moral support" for the event .... she has met a guy that shoots and she is looking to impress him . I can't go along cuz' it's a gals only thing .... the "event" is next weekend, I'm looking forward to hearing the details.

The N.R.A. sez' ....
    "The Women On Target program encourages women to participate in shooting sports, educates them on how to do so safely and successfully, then provides them with arenas in which to enjoy their newly found skills."
  2. RockinRiley

RockinRiley New Member

Yes, great program, my wife just attended the last one here in Bay city. She spoke very highly of the program.

Just re-read your post, this would be a great program for both the avid shooter and the other that has not shot. I cannot speak for any of the others but the one in the bay city is full of great people. It was held here at Duncan's. Very structured and good program. I would hope the same for the one closest to you as it is NRA sponsored.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I put my mother and sister through it and they came out with so much knowledge and confidence in firearms. My sis went through the process and got her license.

Highly Recommended!!!
  4. JohnHenry

The program was today and it gave the gals an opportunity to safely shoot guns that they may not have fired before,
    M1 Garand, AR 15, several different makes & models of pistols and revolvers, pump shoot guns,
    various types of semi-auto rifles for example.

My wife and a "buddy" of hers had registered for the program at the local club ( Livingston
    County Gun Club ) and I sat and " talked politics and economics" with several other males while
    the gals were on the ranges shooting. Other than the instructors there were no males allowed
    on the ranges .... it was "Gals Only".

Judging from what I saw and heard from the gals passing by ( the restrooms are in the club house )
    a great time was had by all.

The "buddy" has some photos in her phone .... if they are any good I'll pass them along .
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That sounds like a great program!
  6. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My wife & I have been participating in WOT events for several years. All of the ones we have done have been great. We've had a 100% conversion rate with all of our participants. Every single woman that has come through one of our events has gone on to get their CWP; and several of them now help in other WOT events.

-
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Please do.
    I really like to see it, when the ladies participate.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

We have it in Ct. and they are always sold out i think its great i have never attended but have heard only positive things about it
  9. K75RT

K75RT Member

10. JohnHenry

11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

That slide show was great.
    A BUNCH of ladies shooting a BUNCH of different firearms.
    Thanks.

Was her "buddy" able to impress the new "him" yet? LOL
  12. JohnHenry

pickenup ......

It's a bit to early to know for sure ..... but, she took all of her "used" targets
    home with her *GRIN*
  13. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I helped out at my club and wife was in the program. It was well done!