N. R. Davis & Sons

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dabourg, May 7, 2003.

1. Dabourg

Dabourg New Member

I have an old single shot 20-gauge. I do not think that it is worth much and do not plan on selling it. I would like to know how old it is and if it might be worth anything down the road. Any help is appreciated.

On the left side of reciever it states: 20, N.R. Davis & Sons, DIANA, Davis Warner Arms Inc., Nor . . . USA. Trigger guard: 9200. Inside of forearm: E 9200.

Thanks - Dabourg!
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Dabourg.......welcome to TFF.

Your shotgun was made between 1917 and 1932.

Davis-Warner Arms Corp. was established in 1917 when N.R. Davis & Sons bought out the Warner Arms Co.

In 1930 Davis-Warner went out of business, but Crescent Arms bought the rights to the name and briefly assembled shotguns under the name (probably from parts acquired in the purchase) until Crescent was, in turn, purchased by J.C. Stevens in 1932.

I don't see a "Diana" listed, but for a typical N.R. Davis & Sons single shot, in average condition, figure $100-150.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

BTW, that Nor.......USA would be Norwich, CT. USA
  4. Dabourg

Dabourg New Member

Thanks Xtracer! I did not think that it was going to be worth much. But it is nice to know what era it was made in.

Thanks for the info! Dabourg