NAA Guardian 32 acp

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Jan 17, 2011.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

been thinking about looking at the guardian 32acp. does anyone here have any experience with them? or the 380 version?

are tools required for take down?

do they need any work to be reliable? or do they run right out of the box?
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

john: these are excellent guns. the take down is simple . as for being reliable yes they are . i used only winchester silver tips and it fed them without a problem. not sure how they come from the factory these days but mine came in a zippered binder kind of like a notebook planner with a holster built in along with a spare magazine and a holster for it too sewed into the "binder"
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

John, I just picked one up from a customer for a little trigger work. Nothing wrong with it, just needs to be smoothed out. For the price and all the other pocket 380's out there, this one is probably the best of all of them. The accuteck's are rough, the diamonbacks are unreliable, the kel-tec's are mixed, the sig 238 is buy far the best and the new kimber solo is fantastic but now your talking big money and a 9mm. For the price the NAA guardian can't be beat. I've heard nothing but good things about them and the first impression I got off of the one I have on hand now is the reviews are correct.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

of the 3 tiny 32 acp's i own the beretta tomcat, the seecamp and the naa guardian the naa is by far my favorite with the seecamp being a very close second ( and i over paid big time for it ) given the price difference at least at the time i bought the seecamp due to a shortage and a backlog they were going for twice the msrp between the seecamp and the naa the naa wins hands down the beretta is a fine gun but a bit to wide for my likeing .all 3 feed and function as they should and all 3 like the winchester silver tip hollow point
  5. johnlives4christ

i've been wanting a 32 acp for a while. thought i wanted a keltec, but the sub2k carbine has made me think twice about keltec in general. i realized the naa mini is an excellent little gun though
  6. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

John, I have a NAA .32 acp. Nice gun as most have mentioned. I purchased an IWB holster from the NAA website and my only complaint is that the gun rides very low, almost below the waist, and that inhibits a fast draw if necessary. So, gun is good, but look for other holster options. John
  7. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

John, it occurred to me that I posted a picture of the gun and holster on another thread. Can't remember which one but if you're interested you might do a search on NAA .32 acp. John
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

You will save 200 by going with the kel tec. Mine has never failed me and I carry it daily.
  9. johnlives4christ

ive owned a kel tec sub 2k and a pf9. both were junk.

i know there are some that have keltecs that run great. but there are some that have dodges that the transmissions dont fly from under too, that dont mean dodge makes a good tranny though
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

you can't compare a kel-tec to a naa , the quality of the naa is near perfect, while the kel-tec's are hit or miss.yes i know of plenty of happy kel-tec owners, and i've heard kel-tec stands behind their product and will fix all issues when you send the gun back for repairs. the history of the kel-tec company is and always has been spotty, from the owner/ designers ( kellgren) early attempt at entering the world of firearms the kel-tec is an up-dated grendel remember those
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Frankly, there's plenty of information out there to suggest the P-32 OVER the Guardian - a google search will turn up plenty of forums discussing this very topic, and there are many who have owned both and chosen the Kel-tec.

They have similar reliability, yet the P32 is MUCH easier to carry.

It's the same reason I'll choose a Glock over a 1911 platform EVERY time.

Also, aren't your hands gi-normous? LOL Why you want such a little gun? :D
  12. johnlives4christ

my hands are big as a plate idk why i want a 32. i just do.

p32 may be easier to carry. but... i have a bad taste for keltec now. the designer is an idiot. not to say that his designs are not neat, but that he knows nothing about firearms. obviously he is a machinist that tries to make guns.

while i have had a few problems with my naa. its different. the problems i had with the keltecs were from bad design or craftsmanship. the problems with the naa was from it being little bitty and me shooting and dry firing it a hole bunch
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Well, I wish you luck with the Guardian. I'd like one myself, just because I like the mouse gun size.
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

John,
    Why would you think George Kelgren is an idiot? Can you design firearms?
  15. johnlives4christ

can i design them? yes, anyone can design one, or at least they can take existing designs and combine them or change their basic appearance and call it something new. making it work well while being manufacture friendly is the challenge. can i recognize the flaws in existing designs? yes. i believe i could fix them too if i had some experience as a machinist and knew more details of metallurgy but i have ideas in mind of different gun improvements to existing models. i expect that i could design one from the ground up, and work the bugs out as needed if i had the right tools and the time.

it took john garand something like 20 years IIRC to perfect the M1 rifle.... well.. that didnt mean that he was an idiot until he got it right. if he had stopped 7/8s of the way through and started selling them without working the bugs out, that would have made him an idiot

the kel tec sub2000 had a plastic feed ramp
    in my opinion, anyone that designs a gun, and makes the feed ramp out of plastic, no matter what type or how good of plastic it is, is an idiot though.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011