NAA Guardian 32 acp

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Jan 17, 2011.

1. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    i couldn't say he was an idiot because he made tons of money designing firearms. but lets look just a bit into his past. grendell , intra-tec both failures on a grand scale due to poor designs , and where did he get his training ???? that well known icon of quality firearms husqvara ( sp ) the whole kellgren experience is laughable at best

2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    he has good ideas... but he doesnt know anything about refining those ideas.

3. Pro-Gun"Liberal"

Pro-Gun"Liberal" New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    North Carolina
    I had the Guardian .380 and ended up getting rid of it. Now, I had issues with it, but to be fair, it was used, and I was putting cheap ammo through it. It was during the "no .380 crisis", so I bought what I could. That said, it stove-piped every other round (and no, I was not limp-wristing it) and twice I pulled the trigger with no "boom". Upon inspecting the round, I didn't even see a spot where the pin struck. It was also a bit heavy for a tiny CCW.
    But like I said... I had a used one with cheap ammo. (granted this is the same cheap ammo that my Bersa 9mm and PA-63 have both digested without upset.) And most of the 100's of reviews I read before purchasing it were all positive. So that's just my experience.

4. K75RT

K75RT Member

I have shot the NAA Guardian .32NAA which is a .380 necked down to .32 and it is a hot little ctg. If I were in the market for a .32 this is where I'd be looking. Here is the link.
    http://naaminis.com/32naa.html

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  5. Warith

Warith Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Belton, Mo
    Dang 10lb trigger pull. That has to be harsh on a gun that small.

6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    that is pretty stout for a lil gun, but i'd tinker on it.

7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Price per box of 20 rounds is 25-30 dollars where I am currently. Thats a pricey practice session.:eek:

8. K75RT

K75RT Member

Performance : The cartridge delivers in excess of 1,222 ft/s (372 m/s) velocity to a 60-grain (3.9 g) proprietary bullet from Hornady. This generates 199 ft·lbf (270 J) of energy from the 2.5" Guardian barrel (1453 ft/s & 287 ft·lbf (389 J) from a 4" test barrel).

According to industry expert Ed Sanow, the 32NAA: produces more velocity, more energy and more stopping power than any conventional jacketed lead hollow point (JHP) .32 ACP, .380 ACP or .380 ACP (+P) with 15% less recoil (Power Factor) than the (+P); penetrates 8.3" of gelatin after passing through four (4) layers of denim, expanding to a .55" mushroom with a retained weight of 100%; and has a Fuller Index of 62% One-Shot Stops (compared to the 380 ACP Federal 90 gr (5.8 g). Hydra-Shok (53%)).

Since this cartridge is based on the .380 ACP which is a rimless design it does not have the possibility of "rim-lock" that can happen with the semi-rimmed .32 ACP. Ballistically it is superior to the .32 ACP, yes at a higher price...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011