NAA mini revolver 22 LR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by johnlives4christ, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sixguncowboy

sixguncowboy New Member

Never heard that folklore before. Member of SASS & been shooting SAAs monthly for 14 years. Always carry my SAAs with hammer resting on an empty chamber.

I agree with you. I've owned one & carried it for more than 30 years as a backup piece (and yes it was sent back to the factory many years ago & had the safety cylinders fitted). If you want to carry it in a pocket or IWB holster, loaded with 5, I suggest that you remove the cylinder and drop the frame in your pocket and practice drawing it with your thumb resting firmly on the hammer (to keep it from snagging) for a couple hours every day for at least a month, to become muscle memory so you do it without even thinking about it. To this day I often carry a 380 or 38 snub IWB and it is 2nd nature for me to place my thumb firmly on top of the hammer spur when drawing. I have never snagged one on an article of clothing.

You can also send your gun back to NAA and have a lanyard ring installed in the butt for a small charge. They will even sell you a lanyard. Then you can carry it suspended from your neck under your shirt
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I also carry mine fully loaded and the hammer resting on one of the "in-between" notches.
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

Anybody seen the new Earl?
  4. louiethelump

louiethelump New Member

I have a couple of the Earls. Also several of the other NAA minis, and as someone above said, I agree that the Black Widows with the awful rubber grips removed and replaced with the wood boot grips is the best of the bunch. I have a firm leather pocket holster for them, (I have a 22 LR and a 22 Mag) and carry them fully loaded with the hammer in the safety notch as directed by the manufacturer. They just about disappear in a side front pocket and I have never had one come out of the safety notch. That said, I do not and will not carry one loose in the pocket, but always in a holster to protect it and keep it upright where it can be easily reached. The 2" barrel, easy to see Millet sights, and heavy barrel make it just right for carry.

The Earls are neat but too big for carry without a holster. I did discover that the Earls will fit in the holster I had made for the mini master I carry in my truck glove box, so it is kind of multipurpose.......
  5. red14

red14 Active Member

I have the 1 5/8 on me right now. Just in case anyone attacks me at my computer.