1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Nagant Revolver M1895 with Russian Surplus Ammo

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sharpie443, Nov 22, 2012.

1. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

I always liked this little revolver but i was never impressed with the new production ammo made by prvi. It seemed like very light target loads to me and were not the best in terms of accuracy. I was of the opinion that this revolver was not made to be very accurate because of that ammo. I think a lot of people downplayed the effectiveness of this revolver because of the ammo.

Surplus ammo for this revolver has been hitting the market lately and I picked up a few 14 round boxes of it. I was very impressed with the results. It had a lot more authority than the new production ammo and I was able to hit a 12" plate at 50 meters with it. Using the actual ammo that was meant to be used in this firearm changed my opinion quite a bit.

Video of the revolver and new ammo. I hit the plate twice in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7WuCFn1A8
  2. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

My local gun shop in Milford, Ohio has crates of Nagant ammo. 14 rds 5 bucks.
  3. don 3

don 3 New Member

I cast a 32 full wad cutter bullet that works good in this round if you reload for it!
  4. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I use the Russian ball ammo too in 88 and 108 grain. the 88 grain moves out at 1300 fps...... 32 H&R mag only gets 1167 fps with 85 grain.

so Glad I got some real ammo for mine now. However Mag tech 32 SW longs are still more accurate and put lots of small game on the table.

Best $85.00 I ever spent on a gun!