NAGR Nightmare...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by DebS, Feb 23, 2010.

1. DebS

DebS New Member

I apparently made a big mistake long ago of giving my phone number to the National Association for Gun Rights and have been harassed for months for money.

I have written, emailed, called multiple numbers several times and I cannot get off their list. They don't reply to anything in writing. They answer the phone number on their Website and I have been told many times I will be taken off their list. They call many times a week on my cell.

BIG WARNING: I highly suggest, do not give NAGR any personal information (or money!). They will use and abuse it until you go crazy. This group is a joke. :mad:
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

That's awful! Did you report them to the BBB?
  3. DebS

DebS New Member

In the process. ;)

Also filing a complaint through the national do not call registry.
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Attorney General?

I hate when things like this happen, the harassment is just unreal. I've got an outfit calling me 6-10 times a day, but can't do a thing because my bank sold my information and I'm a customer of the bank. That gives them free reign to bug me constantly.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

actually not it does not piney

contact the bank ask them why they sold your details without your express consent ( not implyed) and ask them what thier privacy code is , then get onto the banks PR folks and explain to them you get harrassing calls 6-10 times a day and this constituts harrassement and as such the bank is liable
    explain that you can stop it by leaving the bank as a customer and the first time you get called by these people then you can SUE and as the PR people if they wish this

it'll stop

PR folks have a LOT of sway with banks

cheers

and good luck eh

jack
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'm in the process of finding a safe(r) place for my money, then I will leave that bank. I plan to tell them off when I withdraw all my funds in full, and I hope they aren't happy.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Find a credit union, PineCone. I like the looks of their safety over the next few years much better than banks. Especially the major National Banks.

Pops
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Put your phones on the "do not call" registry and then start filing complaints. When you get a call tell them you have filed a complaint and will now file another.

As to the bank PC I would go to a member of management and ask them to show you the privacy policy that you agreed to that allows them to circulate your personal information. I would them tell them any further action on their part will result in complaints to the state AG and the state bank supervisor. If they laugh at you I would follw thru with my complaints. I would also write a letter to the editor in a newspaper, preferable in the city the bank HQ is in.

I had a collection agency calling me on a bill that was for someone with the same last name as mine but a different first name and obviously wasn't me. I explained to them several times and then they made me mad so I started blowing a whistle in the phone, kept calling so I filed a complaint with the NH AG and they stopped. The NH AG is fairly aggressive so that helps if your state has some political hack then good luck.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. jondar

jondar New Member

This is good advice but instead of phoning them I would put it down as a demand letter, demanding that they cease and desist any phoning, letters, or personal communication with you at your home or employment. Add that you will contact the AG of your state and file a complaint if your demand is not met. Then address an envelope to whatever company is doing this and put "Attn: Vice Presiden in Charge of Public Relations", send it certified mail, return receipt requested. Will cost you around $5. there's something about getting a letter that you have to sign for, and the letter carrier places it in your hands, that immediately gets attention. Has worked for me many times. This works great on collection agencies that operate from other states.
  10. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

The 'do not call registry' does not work in this case, as I have a relationship with the bank, and they were only trying to sell me a product they thought I'd be interested in. Stupidest thing ever. They want to sell me health insurance with the premiums coming from my mortgage. I paid off my mortgage in 2005....and I have health insurance. I've told them nicely and not so nicely to stop calling. I will end up cutting my land phone line to end this.
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The bank is selling health insurance? Now thats just what we need a bunch of bankers telling our doctors what procedures they can and can't do. Hey treat him good he owes us a lot of money and the collerateral looks shaky.

I would ask the bank if they have an opt out policy so you don't have to listen to their BS and that is what I would say to them without the abbrevation.
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yeah, I've tried everything, but I am on that particular mailing list now and I'm SOL.

It's Wells Fargo, by the way. I have been their customer since the late 1980s when they bought out the town bank, and this is how they reward me: with two years of harassing phone calls.
  13. DebS

DebS New Member

Interesting. We banked at Wachovia which has now been bought by Wells Fargo.

My mattress is starting to look better and better.

By the way, NAGR called me again yesterday (which I missed) and today.
    I asked to talk to a supervisor and informed her I had reported her to the NC AG, BBB as well as reporting them for several 'no call list infractions'. She got rather flustered and said (once again, only with stuttering this time) that I would be taken off the list.

I really want to get it across to this organization that their behavior gives all pro-2a groups a bad name and makes everyone leary to donate to worthy 2A causes. I don't get the point of daily or multi-weekly calls to individuals for money; there is just no positive point to it.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  14. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yeah, I was just talking about that today, stuffing my cash in the mattress...Ugh.