Nail bitter to get osama - what?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, May 4, 2011.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. YOu know where a mass murderer is and you have to bite your nails to decide to get him or not. They are gona milk this thill the teet falls off.

Not to mention that this is what you do. This is your job.

Boy if the rest of the world looks at this article they gona think bummer is missing a pair.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-...s/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3|60361

WASHINGTON — No guts, no glory.

The nail-biting, 40-minute clandestine operation that resulted in Osama bin Laden's death could have been a calamitous political and military failure; a bloodbath in Pakistan that left U.S. forces and scores of civilians dead or captured by America's most ferocious enemy.

Or, as it happened, it could unfold largely in textbook fashion – delivering a stunning success for the often maligned intelligence community, a political and national security coup for a struggling president and revenge for Americans still carrying vivid memories of Sept. 11.

By secretly sending a team of special operations forces into an enemy fortress in a suburban neighborhood of a sovereign country, President Barack Obama chose the path of greatest risk, but also greatest reward.

There were so many ways it could have gone wrong.

As U.S. officials evaluated their options, Obama asked for a gut check from top members of his national security team.

The various plans, White House counterterror chief John Brennan said, were "debated across the board and the president wanted to make sure, at the end, that he had the views of all."

Attached Files:

2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

And here is the vid they put out of how it happened. I know that killing the guy was the best thing but heck i sure would like to have the body here at home. In the vid it is obvious that obl was unarmed. I wonder what he did to resist? Did he throw a vase? It sure would have been nice to take him in and tourture him a bit before he was hung from a tree.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/03/bin-laden-raid-video_n_857269.html