Nambu Type 94 (gun of the day)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/01 4:24:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Nambu Type 94 (gun of the day)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's one of my collection that some folks think is in the running with the Warner Infallible as the ugly duckling of my collection.

Edited by: gun runner john at: 8/11/01 9:17:12 pm

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/01 10:02:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nambu Type 94 (gun of the day)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you can count on it to go "BANG" then I'd say It's real pretty! Sure is an interesting looking piece!

Xracer
    (8/8/01 10:50:28 pm)
    Unfortunately, the Type 94 was noted for going "Bang" when you didn't want it to.

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 3:59:36 pm)
    While it does have that interesting external trigger bar problem, I don't see much of a problem with AD's in the real world. Since the safety covers the other end and prevents it from dropping the hammer, you'd have to be carrying it with a round in the chamber, hammer cocked, and the safety off. Then, you can indeed push in on the front of the trigger bar and drop the hammer. An unfortunate choice of design, but not, I suspect, as dangerous as most think.