Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by army mp, Dec 28, 2009.

1. army mp

army mp Member

Well the ink is not dry on the health care bill And Nancy and the rest of the Stooges are starting up the Gun grabbing. I copied this from another form. I did not see the show. ( Good Morning America ) One of the communist channels I have stopped watching.

Nancy Pelosi Calls for “Compromise” on Guns

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi took to the airwaves to discuss gun control on Good Morning America this week, proposing new restrictions on gun owners in response to the Pittsburgh shootings.* Her proposal to the show’s host includes registration of guns and their owners, a step that has historically lead to confiscation.

In addition, Speaker Pelosi recommends we ban guns from crossing state lines.* She will put an end to competitions such as NRA’s Camp Perry, hurt hunters who prefer to take to the fields in a neighboring state, and potentially even restricting whether or not gun owners can take their firearms with them if they move.* These restrictions are absurd!

The only way to shut Nancy Pelosi’s gun control fantasies down is to take quick action to put pressure on “blue dog” Democrats, who come from more conservative districts, and are most vulnerable to calls for gun control.* We have a number of them.
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

I agree with you but I wouldn't count on the "blue dogs." Every one of them caved to the Democrats in the health care bill. All is needed is a payoff in some manner or other and they'll cave.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I actually hope they try something like that. It has the proverbial snowballs chance of passing and will cement a more conservative congress in 2010 and Pelosi's would be just a footnote in history.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

She better hurry up. Her a$$ is outa there next election!
  5. 945

945 New Member

i think we should see a huge change in the senate and congress in both 2010
    and 2012. Personally i will not vote for the encumbent, its tme for a change
    a complete change.

Pelosi is certainly one but there are a few more that really need to go.

6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

i would contact everyone on this issue. Blue dogs are not any different then any ol liberal. They him and ha but in the end they vote for anything anyways.
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

To my knowledge, NFA-regulated firearms are the only ones that are "registered." So how do they know if you own a firearm or not? If they do pass these boneheaded laws, disassemble the gun, hide the pieces amongst your belongings and take it with you when you move, then piece it back together. The law that Pelosi thinks will pass sounds like it says absolutely nothing about ammunition, just the gun. Hey there are all sorts of illegal things that people get away with every day. I also doubt that these laws would EVER pass. I don't exactly see Obama as the gun hater. I see all the Democrats under him as the gun haters. That's like they had some law awhile back where they wanted to ban the carrying of concealed firearms in National Parks and Obama vetoed it. Which is why I can't view him as a gun hater. Although I don't view him as a gun lover either.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Hey if this Supreme Court thing with Obama's citizenship controversy keeps going and let's say Obama isn't a US-born citizen, I think you could expect the majority to vote for a Republican next election hands down. People may even vote third party. Although I think the Republicans have a better chance than the third party, even with all the liberals that disliked Bush. I'd personally like to see Ron Paul run again in 2012. That's just like how my dad goes around saying about how Palin was a nut and all this and that and how Obama is doing a good job. Lmao. Get real. I can't say I loved Bush, but even he did a better job. Some people blindly just vote for the Democrats because they think they're being progressive and doing a good thing and stuff. It's like all these idiots that have the "A Fair Wisconsin Votes No" (gay marriage ban) where they wanted people to vote against it. I honestly don't care, but if these people are going to vote against my conceal carry and gun rights, I will vote against their gay rights. I'm on a bit of a rant, so I'll just leave it at that.
  9. dge479

dge479 New Member

This needs to be taken very seriously now! We cannot depend on any Democrats, and not even alll Republicans. I have NO faith in the courts at all. these people are dangerous to the republic.
    I do see him as a gun hater, he does not want to make the stand but makes sure everyone around him is willing to. Holder Emanuel etc .
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

If we do not rise up in a single voice and shout NO at the top of our collective lungs, we, all of us deserve what ever sentence we get. I can tell you that it will be a life sentence for the rest of our lives and that of our children's, children's, children's lives. Stand and be heard!!!
  11. obxned

obxned New Member

Does it really matter to you what the thugs of the current administration decree? The legal, constitutional government of our country may be absent, but that does not make us serfs. No matter what, I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America against ALL enemies, both foreign and DOMESTIC!! I owe it to my children and grandchildren.
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Perhaps Blinkie will be the new gun saleswoman of the year for 2010??

God knows i need to sell a few....

gn
  13. belercous

belercous Former Guest

If anyone actually believes that there are enough votes in Congress to start passing restrictive gun laws (ala 1994) they are seriously deluded/and/or not getting good information. No such bill has a a chance of making it out of committee, much less to a floor vote. Even less in both houses. None whatsoever of being reconciled and passed by both houses.
    The Democrats have learned from `94, and Congress simply does not have enough liberals to enact squat. Note "Healthcare Reform" as the liberals have been pretty much cut out of that one. They wield no power, but rather are a rubber-stamp to the mainstream Democratic party. It's either that or they stay home, which they will do come the next election. At least 17 seat in the House alone will shift to the G.O.P., minimum, maybe 2 in the Senate. The Democrats know not to mess with guns. especially when we have the "incorporation" question before a conservative S.C.
    Please note that every right put forth in the Bill of Rights has been found to be incorporated by the 14th Amen. has been held to apply to the states. (the 10th can't, the 3rd was never challenged, and the 9th should)
    Please remember that Nancy Pelosi is not Government, she is but a bit player. Gun Issues are not going anywhere, there not even on the back burner. The votes simply are not there. Pelosi & Reid are not about to waste political capital on a non-starter.
    Watch and see. Political bather all you want, but Watch and See, Gun Control Ain't Going Nowhere. Gauranteed.
    "Hear me now, believe me later."--Aahnold
  14. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

Belercous,

I'm confused, but that's not hard to do.

You say the liberals don't have enough vote, or power to do anything, and you sight "healthcare reform" as your example. Am I not getting something here? Health care reform has now passed both houses, and is on it's way to becoming a reality. Granted, it took some bribes, but as we all know, there is little integrity on the hill anymore. Who's to say that a massive attack on gun rights is not just around the corner.

I was not aware that we have a largely conservative SC, but there again, I admit to be ignorant.
  15. army mp

army mp Member

A year ago I would have agreed with you. All you need do is look at California, Also these Supposed Blue dog Demarcates. They are closer to whiped pups. No one thought the Health care bill stood a chance. Now its very possible. As well as Cap & trade. How can these people claim to be moderate and Elect Nancy as speaker of the House. Look at the Newest Supreme Court Appointment. And the shady deals, Bribes, and pay offs in both houses. I have felt for a while. Once they got their pet projects through. They would set their sights on Guns. Time will tell. And I hope you are right.
  16. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

The Democrats have learned from `94, and Congress simply does not have enough liberals to enact squat.

Hahaha yes they havent been able to pass any bills this last year. Have you seen our congress? They have enough liberals to take every right away we have.
  17. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

That right. California is now selling coded ammo. That will be coming around too. Don't underestimate them.
  18. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Rock: The bill is so watered down the liberals are whinnig about it as bad as the conservatives. They originally wanted single-payer, now they won't even get a govt. option. Its a giveaway to the insurance industry, something the liberals are not in favor of. The liberals are a minority in Congress and this bill demonstrates it, if they had any power the healthcare (actually insurance reform) bill would look nothing like what it does so far.
    "Integrity" in Congress? When was that?
    The S.C. has 4 consistent conservatives, 4 moderates, and its too soon to tell what Sotomayer is, but we know she's not going to be a conservative, I'd say a liberal. The moderates appear to be the liberal wing, but that is only in comparison. If one actually reads their opinions (and I do & have), one will see that there are no true liberal justices, only justices who lean left, but are by no means ideolouges such as Scalia and Thomas. The last true doctrinaire liberal was Thurgood Marshall and he was an absolute extremist nutcase. G.H.W.Bush scored a major political coup by replacing him with his exact ideological opposite, Clarence Thomas. The S.C. has not been a liberal body since the Warren court, the Burger and then Rehnquist Courts were the most conservative since the 1930's.

Zkovach: No, there are not enough liberals in Congress to do squat. The majority of Dems are moderates, no Reps in the Senate, but some in the house are, and no Republican in Congress is a liberal. Run the numbers, liberals are outvoted.

Besides, come the mid-term elections the Dems are going to lose seats. If they can't get liberal legislation passed with super majorities in both houses and control of the White House, how much more effective can they be with even less members? The Democratic party simply is not very good at politics, never have been either. The Republicans enforce party unity, the Dems just can't seem to do the same. Again, there isn't enough political will in Congress to mess with guns.
    Watch and see, ain't nuthin' gonna happen regarding guns.
  19. Rneck

Rneck New Member

Just like in California, the liberals will nibble around the edges until they get the whole cookie in their mouth.
  20. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Are you serious? Every time we purchase a firearm from a FFL, the firearm information is on the form, and is attached to our name and SSN until we officially transfer it to another's name. You may also want to read up on Osama's gun voting record in the US Senate and in IL. He is very anti-gun, no matter what he says. His actions are MUCH louder than words.

Also, to all who think that the liberals in D.C. are not strong enough to pass legislation, what exactly do you call TARP, Cash for Clunkers, economic stimulus, healthcare reform, and raising the debt ceiling??? Please wake up!