1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

NASA AND THE BIBLE....

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by rooter, Sep 2, 2012.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Thought this was pretty amazing and interesting!

For all the scientists out there, and for all the students who have a hard time convincing these people regarding the truth of the Bible, here's something that shows God's awesome creation, and that He is still in control.

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called 'myth' in the Bible is true?

Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development.
    'I think one of the most amazing things that God has done for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland ...

They were checking out where the positions of the sun, moon, and planets would be 100 years and 1,000 years from now. We have to know this so we won't send up a satellite and have it bump into something later on in its orbits.

We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down.

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries, and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong with either the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards.

They called in the service department to check it out, and they said, 'What's wrong?' Well, they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time.

They scratched their heads and tore their hair out. There was no answer.

Finally a Christian man on the team said, 'You know, one time I was in Sunday School, and they talked about the sun standing still.' While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, 'Show us, '

He got a Bible and went to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with 'common sense.'

There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,

'Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before Thee.'

Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy! And if darkness fell, they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right.... 'The sun stood still and the moon stayed and lasted not to go down about a whole day!'
    (Joshua 10:12-13)

The astronauts and scientists said, there is the missing day! They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes.. Not a whole day.

They read the Bible, and there it was about [approximately] a day. These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes, you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now.

Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits. As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS.

The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings that told of the following story: Hezekiah, on his death bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said 'Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees?'

Hezekiah said, 'It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.' Isaiah spoke to the Lord, and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes!'

Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe! Isn't it amazing?

References: Joshua 10:8, 12-13 and 2 Kings 20:9-11.

Forward this to as many people who you believe would think this is equally as cool.

If God could do this then; how much more can he do for us today, if we only believe in His word.

Never be afraid to try something new.
    All I have and all that I am is by the Grace of God!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Cheers !!

i keep saying the more i learn about the science of the universe the more i learn about He who made it
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I hate to say this, rooter, but this story is false; it did not happen.

Over the years, I have received and checked into many different stories like this, including the Siberian hole drilled into hell and this one about NASA.

The main flaw in this NASA story is that the only way a computer could notice the missing day or 40 minutes would be if it were fed PRECISE data concerning the location of all celestial bodies PRIOR to the events that caused the missing time, and our scientists simply do not have that data.

It is my opinion that atheists dream them up, get Christians to circulate them, then they can step in and "expose" them as "fake" to denigrate Christians.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

could be

they started a couple fake churches here
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  5. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    I thank both of you men....when something like this is sent to me I want so to share it...more than a few times corrections in the form of remarks such as this are appreciated...I guess I'll just have to contend with my thoughts and beliefs that these marvelous works and wonders didn't just happen...Chief
  6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

IMO, it all boils down to you either have faith, or you don't.

God will punish the arrogance of the "educated".
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Rooter, the story may be bogus, but there is truth behind it.

A friend of ours wrote his PhD in Astrophysics, studying the stars, planets, and their movements in space and time. His research and work since graduation has been important for NASA. He prefaced his dissertation with Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God, the firmament showeth His handiwork.

The Psalm goes on to describe two ways God has told us about Himself. The book of nature, described in the first part of the Psalm, and the book of His Word, described in the second half of the Psalm.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Thank you, Chief -
    I always am a bit reluctant to say something, because often it offends the OP, and NO WAY is that my intention.

Also NO WAY is the 'scientific' claim that all of this 'just happened'.
    YOU know how everything came into existance -
    I know how everything came into existance -
    And some day, every single person at NASA - and every other scientific group - will know it also.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

here's a real one for you all

scientist here , oil expert , bible believer , and curious

dont thinks the worlds as old as some say but not as young as others say,

publishes a document in 1998 about how virus's and amoeba's turn biomass into oil

and is ridiculed to heck and back

i'm a early investor

but deep drilling and taking samples of "immature" oil fields had resulted in a culture for biomass sorta like a culture for milk to make cheese or yogurt

cept this one turns sawdust into jetfuel

he states he knows God made the oil , he just needed to figure out how God did it

and following a mock up of how "creation" is still working figured it out

http://www.licella.com.au/

biomass to fuel in 2 months

mix up your culture as to what grade oil you want and toss it in and wait
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very interesting, Jack.