National "guns in Parks" law

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Feb 9, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

If you can carry in the State parks, you can carry in the National parks. The rules set forth by the State are the rules the Feds will be following for their parks.

Now, that said, there is the question where the State allows carry in some State parks and not in others. How does that effect the rules for the National parks? hmmmmm The general consensus is:

If the State declares specifically that carry is not allowed in Park X, Y and Z, then the State will have to specify that carry is not allowed in National Park A, B and C.

If the State declares specifically that carry is allowed in Park X, Y and Z, then the State will have to specify that carry is allowed in National Park A, B and C.

I think. Lots of speculation out there and, right now, nobody knows how it will shake out. The NPS (feds) will have to start posting some rules at entrances and in print/internet.

The thing to watch out for is entering a Park legally in one State, taking two steps left into another State, still in the Park, and becoming a criminal via those two steps.

Pops
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

We went over this before but I don't agree with your assumption that state park rules apply to the national parks within their borders. The national park is just another chunk of land in the state that is owned by someone else so I think if you have recriprosity with the state you can carry in the national parks regardless of whether you can carry in their state parks or not.

The point could be moot. How many states don't allow carry in their own state parks? You can carry in NH parks. Just curious if anyone knows or if not then what the rules are in your state?
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

NC does not allow firearms in state parks. But since the National Parks are federal, it seems that we can now carry in NPs but still not in SPs. Maybe. At least, that's how it reads to me.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

OK, let's go back to the link I posted earlier. Apparently, because the link was found on the NRA page, it is hard to understand that the NATIONAL FWS news release is from the NATIONAL FWS.

If you wish to carry in accordance with what you think the new rules say, without researching what the local, State and Federal regulations are for the Park you are visiting, good luck.

Pops