National Match or Loaded M1A

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by RHB, Aug 25, 2007.

1. RHB

RHB New Member

How can you tell the difference between a Springfield Loaded M1A (Since it comes with the NM markings) and a true Springfield National Match M1A Rifle?
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

The bedding; the NM will come out of the stock only with much effort, and a couple of raps with a hammer.
  3. RHB

RHB New Member

Thank You for the info. If Im buying this brand new from a dealer, will the bill of sale support the merchandise?
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

I am no lawyer, but I would think it would depend on local law.
    Here in Texas, fraud is subject to 'treble damages' award, in a civil action; If you offer for sale, and sell to me, a lesser grade rifle, offering that it is a National Match grade rifle, the difference in value, X3, is likely the amount I will be awarded, and you get to pay your lawyer, and court costs!
    It ain't the world, but it's our way of keeping folks honest!
  5. RHB

RHB New Member

Thanks again for your help. After visiting a few other gun shops, and comparing the different rifles I feel pretty good that i am getting a NM.
  6. Douglas

Douglas New Member

7. infidel_2_dabone

infidel_2_dabone New Member

The National Match will have NM stamped on it. I bought an M1A that had been worked over and the op rod had NM stamped on it, it wasnt Factory NM.It has NM parts incorperated into it.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008