National Park Service releases rules

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Feb 20, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Pops
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

Thats is interesting. So if your in Yellowstone for example better be conversant in Wyoming Montana statues.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

So now you can "posses" a firearm, but the bears can still eat you, the criminals can still rob, rape, murder you, because you can not discharge or brandish the firearm IN ANY WAY. Or you will go to jail.
    Hmmmmmmmmm..........OK.
  4. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Exactly! Guess I won't be visiting any national parks for a while.
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

They would be hard pressed to deny you the right of self defense if you shoot a mugger particularily if the state law allows your actions. We are travelling to several National parks this summer and I should be ok in all except the left coast ones.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

"Brandishing" does not include display and use during self defense.

Keep in mind that this specific law does not authorize any use of the weapon, because that is covered in the laws of the state in which you stand at the time.

Possession of a driver's license does not cover DWI, use of public streets and roads, carrying passengers for hire and other such uses of your vehicle. Those are covered under other laws.

Let's keep things straight, here. This law and the resulting rules cover only whether you can be in possession of a loaded firearm while in a National Park, Monument, Reserve, etc.

Pops
  7. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Former Guest

Interesting though, you can't be carrying when entering the park (fee collection stations). You are okay right before the station, and right after...
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

That will have to be clarified. I think that those fee collection stations where you drive up and pay without getting out of your car would not be off limits under the definition.

Pops
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Exactly, because the law says 'in' the facilities. That's my interpretation anyway. I think that the provision to deny brandishing and/or discharging the firearm covers someone setting up a makeshift target range in the middle of the park, or at least that's how I'll interpret it until otherwise told. It'll be interesting to see all those stories of danger to park visitors as these crazy concealed weapons permit holders swam the parks. :D It's going to get to where the antis are going to have to admit that firearms aren't the problem. :)
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one:p
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

If he does, he will be as blue as Papa Smurf! LMAO:eek::D :D :D