Nationalised health, the reality

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Hospital stays for elderly to be halved in cutbacks

ELDERLY hospital patients will have their average stay cut by almost two weeks under a new model of care, as part of a range of strategies to help save the NSW hospital system millions of dollars.
    The health system has to make $2.2 billion in savings over four years, with an additional budget cut of $775 million in the same period.
    The chief executive officer of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District, Terry Clout, said he wanted the Prince of Wales Hospital to reduce the average length of patient stay for some procedures by a day, keeping it in line with more efficient practices at St George Hospital.
    The length of hospital stay for aged-care patients would be reduced from an average of 22 days to 10. Patients would get after-care in their homes by medical ''flying squads'', he said.

makes sense , until you realise that someone getting a hip transplant who stays a month in hospital is there for that long for the recovery excersizes and physical work needed without this the cure aint as effective but it saves money

how else can we afford to build 2 muslim only hospitals

( the jewish hospital here the jewish community paid for , muslims demand we build them one too but we pay n ot them)

i read the sames gonna be with your nationalised health care too
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

National health care is costly. My wife and I moved from Finland to here where I lived as legal resident for 23 years. Yes, the medical care in Finland is first rate. For a normal doctors visit it isn't any problem at all though you do have a co-payment that has to be made. The high taxes just can't cover it all. However, if you need an operation, that another ball of wax. I needed an operation on my shoulder for a torn tendon that could not heal because it was determined that I needed rotator cuff surgery. Total wait time was 8 months during which the government paid my SALARY for 6 of them. The company had to pay 2 months.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Today's headlines in the Daily Mail:

Four patients die thirsty or starving EVERY DAY on our hospital wards show damning new statistics

Data shows 1,316 deaths were linked to or directly caused by dehydration and malnutrition in 2010

Figures are far higher than in 2000, when 862 deaths were recorded
    One hospital forced to prescribe drinking water for its patients

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...AY-hospital-wards-damning-new-statistics.html

As in WHSmith's experience, care is usually good, with notable exceptions; waiting lists are long. If people want/need immediate care or faster care, if they have private insurance they can go to a BUPA private hospital.

If the elderly are such a burden to society, and alcohol and tobacco are so bad for health, why doesn't government provide cut-rate tobacco and alcohol for all pensioners that want it and let them die happy?