navy 36 cal

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by jbeam, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jbeam

jbeam New Member

I have a navy 36 cal revolver made in italy. it was my great grandfathers and said to be a replica that dosn't fire. But that was also said about a muzzleloader that we have and that shoots just fine,lol. Im trying to find out information about this pistol, like who made it, and will it actually shoot. it has a serial number on the gun of 2050. it also has some symbols on it. one being what looks like guns or swords crossed, also the letters PN with a little star above it, and XXVI stamped in it. If someone could help me out it would be great. if You need pictures let me know and i will try and put some on here. thanks.
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

pictures will always help and clear pictures of any and all markings
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It was made in 1970. The shield and the star over PN are Italian proof marks. It sounds like a firing model to me. it should have a manufacturers logo on it somewhere, maybe on the barrel under the loading lever.
  4. jbeam

jbeam New Member

it does have a logo under the loading lever, never even seen that there. it looks like the handle of a skeleton key almost with two circles around it. im trying to take pictures but i can't get them clear
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That description sounds like Beretta.

[​IMG]
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Use your macro setting and if you have too much glare from the flash use the zoom.