Nazi Banner

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by OneFatCat, Feb 21, 2012.

1. OneFatCat

OneFatCat New Member

I have aquired a ww2 nazi banner that measures about 18 ft long and in very nice condition considering its age and wondered the value ...thank you

OFC

[​IMG][/IMG]
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

This is a firearms forum and I doubt anyone here has the expertise, or the inclination, to appraise such an item. .

Jim
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Too nice to be original and yes this IS A FIREARMS FORUM....
  4. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

Is it one of Obama's?
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

This is not the political forum. I go to this part of gunboards to get away from that **%#!
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

OneFatCat:

I think these go for around $150.00 to a max of $300.00, depending upon your location. I have noticed that WWII collectors seem to want smaller flags because they fit into a display more easily.
  7. rob6868

rob6868 New Member

as already said its hard to display but still nice and worth up to $300-$500 depends on who wants one..
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Looks like a Nazi Slip -n- Slide...
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Might fit around Holders head.
  10. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Now that if funny!!!!!
  11. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

It could very well be an original. It was made to hang from a window. Nazi flags and banners in pristine condition are not that unusual because they are not something you would openly display--but store in a dark closet. A friend has a captured Nazi naval flag that her uncle brought back from The War and it is a beautiful, mint piece of art deco. I suspect it was liberated, unsued, from a ship's stores. She keeps it rolled up in a PVC pipe and offered to sell it to me for $400. But as my wife said, it is "pure evil," and that will always compromise its value.
  12. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Send it to the White House and let them display it there. Personally I would burn it.
  13. Jim K

Jim K New Member

45auto,

I agree it is not a political forum, which is why I did not much like the initial post. But if you feel a crack about the president is not acceptable, how do you feel about the banner itself? At least we are (still) allowed to criticize Mr. Obama, while that banner symbolizes a system under which any criticism of the leadership resulted in imprisonment or death.

Jim
  14. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

You been smoking that wacky tabacky, bamajoey?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  15. raven818

I found one on a google search, 5ft long, sells for 35.00.
  16. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I haven't been smoking anything. With what the squatter in the White House has been doing to the working people of America, I would not be surprised at anything he would do with a nazi banner, including placing it above the Stars and Stripes.

As I said before, I would burn it. It has nothing but bad memories for millions of people.
  17. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

The banner stands as a reminder of a great American victory over an evil system of race hatred and mass murder. To keep such souveniers is totaly acceptable, as long as you know what they stand for. Many of the men of my family fought in WWII, and some of them (the ones who came back) brought back souveniers. One of my close friends lost almost all of his family in the death camps. He understands that a war souvenier is ok as long as it's not dispalyed to glorify Hitler and his kind.

Aside from the historical ignorance of what the Nazis believed in, it is a great insult to those who fought Nazi Germany and to those who died under Nazi rule to suggest that our freely elected president is in any way shape or form a Nazi. People are free to say whatever they like in the USA. But in so doing remember that others are free to comment about how foolish these comments might be.
  18. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

I apologize for making a comment that could be perceived as a personal insult. With that, I suggest that this thread be moved elsewhere. I never understood why the OP put it here in the first place. Why does he think people who know about firearms can place a value on Nazi memorabilia? Personally, I find that implication more offensive than any suggestion about what I might be smoking.
  19. raven818

Let's not forget the US military snipers who said they did not know that the nazi SS flag had anything to do with hitler.

Either that was a deliberate attempt to avoid any more trouble, or proof that young folks in this country could be old enough to go to war, and know nothing at all about the history of the country they serve.

Personally, I believe it's the latter. And that's sad.

Either way, they, like the OP, may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.