1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

nazi luger

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by reinhard, Jun 27, 2010.

1. reinhard

reinhard Member

this is my german luger ,liberated during the second world war
    it is in original condition,magazines matching the gun ,original holster complete with tool, holster has a name to it but is hard to make out
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

It would be nice to see the top of the toggle, as this gives most of the information about the pistol, especially the year of manufacture. It does seem to be an immaculate example.
  3. reinhard

reinhard Member

PICS top of toggle
  4. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

Damn!... That's a NICE Luger!
  5. Danny

Danny Member

Hello Reinhard,
    That is a super nice Mauser (42) Luger. With the matching mags, holster , loading tool & 95% better condition,around it would fetch 3500 or more. But that is in Belgium ? All of the weapons you have are really fantastic condition & would bring even higher dollars here in the US. However as soon as they where imported, you would get a stamp on the firearm, killing some of the collector interest.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
    PS: General McAuliffe words were in reality not Nuts, but Go F##k Yourselves. It had to be down played by higher command because all the publicity it brought on. Also Patton did not win that battle, It was aready won by the time the 3rd Army showed up.
  6. reinhard

reinhard Member

thanks Danny look at my new posts please,by the way thanks fot the info
    on the general ,my home is situated 100 miles north west of the bulge or the city of Bastonge,i wil tel them to remove the name of the nuts museum LOL
    anyway thanks for taking intrest in my posts,
  7. SteveinMA1985

SteveinMA1985 New Member

Did anyone make firing replica p.08 lugers? I recently acquired the same exact pistol as this with all matching serial numbers other than the one on the aluminum magazine. "42" on top indicates mauser, as well as the nazi eagle military proof stamps. Small cursive "v" under the barrel. Thing is, its in perfect condition. I don't think my father in law accidentally got a great deal on this "German" Luger. Any info would greatly be appreciated. I would post photos, but like I said, it's identical to this one other than a different serial number, and I did my homework. P.S. It shoots great
  8. The Count

The Count New Member

REAAAAALY nice luger.
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Hi, SteveinMA,

There were Lugers made by Mauser in the post-war period, but they are not "replicas"; they are new guns and clearly marked as such.

The German armed forces issued thousands of pistols, including Lugers, to people who never saw combat and kept their pistols in a desk drawer. (The same was true of the U.S. armed forces.) So, many Lugers and other pistols were captured, brand new, when the Allies took over offices and headquarters areas; many were captured, unissued, in depots and some at the Mauser factory. So Lugers in good condition are uncommon but not exactly rare, and have been sold and traded for many years. Most Luger collectors have several guns that are in excellent condition, even unfired, some in the original holsters with matching magazines, and a few Luger collectors even shun any gun not in pristine condition.

Jim
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  10. reinhard

reinhard Member

these are the only markings under the barrel,I regard this luger as a very nice gun, no doubt that this one is used ,the barrel has some holsterwear
    I have never encountered an unfired pre-war luger in a private collection before,The one luger that I know of ,is displayed in the "Go and...........yourselves" museum also known as the Nuts museum in Bastonge,this Luger has black grips is unfired and was donated to the museum by a U.S general
    Reinhard
  11. SteveinMA1985

SteveinMA1985 New Member

Jim,
    Thanks for the insight. I believe now that I do indeed have a piece of history, even though I will never know it's particular story. This is one of my favorite inherited pieces and will pass it on in my own time. Thanks again.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  12. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Just FWIW, I used the term "unfired" only in the sense of showing no signs having been fired after leaving the factory. ALL Lugers were fired at the factory for both proof and function testing, so there really is no such thing as an truly "unfired" Luger (or most other guns).

Jim
  13. reinhard

reinhard Member

Hi Jim, from now on I will rephrase the "unfired" to mint condition and no visible sings of use
    Reinhard
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010