Nazi Mauser

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by lead, Jan 11, 2005.

1. lead

lead Active Member

Maybe this is just me, but I love Mausers, they are the Ferrari of rifles, but I tend to lose some of my enthusiasm when I see the Nazi marks and think of this gun being pointed at my father and uncles. I know it's all old history and we won! But it still loses some of the luster for me. Just my two cents.
  2. offeror

offeror New Member

One of the distributors has some discounted K98s for sale right now that have the Nazi markings drilled out. You're far from being the only one that objects to them, even though some collectors will pay more for Nazi marks. Myself, I bought a Yugo Mauser M24/47 and avoided the issue.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I prefer the Nazi markings. It's history. You can't blame the inanimate object for the evil committed by those people. If anything, you should be proud to be able to purchase former Nazi military equipment, because that means that we were the victors.

Most K98s on the market today were captured by the Russians. Which probably means that the fellow who held that rifle in battle was killed or captured by the Russians, and most likely met an unpleasant death. If that gives you any solace at all.......