Need .25 remington loads.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by sliverflinger, Oct 1, 2011.

1. sliverflinger

sliverflinger New Member

this is probably for so of the mature members. I traded a 96 Swede for a model 8 Remington in .25 Remington. I knew 0.0 about the rifle other than the bore looked OK , and old. The ammo is turning out to be a problem, as in it's a collectors item. The rifle is fun to play with but not $100 a box fun. So far two outfits that handle it. One has it listed with no price, but does have30 rem. brass at a good price that can be sized down. The second one has loaded ammo at an ok price,and 25 rem. brass at $1.50 a round. When I ordered two boxes of ammo ,one was back ordered.I have the dies in hand and some brass coming. The new problem is load data.My copy of Pet Loads lists a couple but that was written 35 years ago. I'm hoping to find loads with more modern powders. Any and all help will be appreciated . I'm going to post on a number of forums in hopes that someone will have info.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. CampingJosh

Also, according to Chuck Hawks, you can use .25-35 data for the .25 Remington. I can't verify that for you, but it's worth looking into.
  4. CampingJosh

5. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

6. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use .25-35WCF data for the .25 Remington. Internal case volume is very nearly identical. As usual, start with the starting loads and work up form there.

It did come up in a thread a while back, but there is sometimes some confusion on being able to use .25-35, .30-30, and .32WinSpecial dies for the .25, .30, and .32 Remington.
    The answer to this one is a no.
    Data is interchangeable, hardware isn't.

Loaddata.com also has some loads listed for the .25Remington
    http://www.loaddata.com/members/sea...caliberid=7&header=.25 Caliber Reloading Data
    I've never popped for the $30/yr subscription so I don't know how good their data is.

You'll like that Model 8. Yet another of John Browning's designs that works great. The .25 is a nice medium-range deer round as well. We've got an 81 in .30Remington...I like it.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011