1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need .25 remington loads.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by sliverflinger, Oct 1, 2011.

1. sliverflinger

sliverflinger New Member

this is probably for so of the mature members. I traded a 96 Swede for a model 8 Remington in .25 Remington. I knew 0.0 about the rifle other than the bore looked OK , and old. The ammo is turning out to be a problem, as in it's a collectors item. The rifle is fun to play with but not $100 a box fun. So far two outfits that handle it. One has it listed with no price, but does have30 rem. brass at a good price that can be sized down. The second one has loaded ammo at an ok price,and 25 rem. brass at $1.50 a round. When I ordered two boxes of ammo ,one was back ordered.I have the dies in hand and some brass coming. The new problem is load data.My copy of Pet Loads lists a couple but that was written 35 years ago. I'm hoping to find loads with more modern powders. Any and all help will be appreciated . I'm going to post on a number of forums in hopes that someone will have info.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Also, according to Chuck Hawks, you can use .25-35 data for the .25 Remington. I can't verify that for you, but it's worth looking into.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

5. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

6. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use .25-35WCF data for the .25 Remington. Internal case volume is very nearly identical. As usual, start with the starting loads and work up form there.

It did come up in a thread a while back, but there is sometimes some confusion on being able to use .25-35, .30-30, and .32WinSpecial dies for the .25, .30, and .32 Remington.
    The answer to this one is a no.
    Data is interchangeable, hardware isn't.

Loaddata.com also has some loads listed for the .25Remington
    http://www.loaddata.com/members/sea...caliberid=7&header=.25 Caliber Reloading Data
    I've never popped for the $30/yr subscription so I don't know how good their data is.

You'll like that Model 8. Yet another of John Browning's designs that works great. The .25 is a nice medium-range deer round as well. We've got an 81 in .30Remington...I like it.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011