Need 8mm mauser load data-M48 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by gearyr, Aug 24, 2008.

1. gearyr

gearyr New Member

I have been trying to get a accurate reload out of my sportered M48A. It is in excellent condition. With a perfect bore. It also has a Redfield 3x9x40 scope and a Timney sporter trigger. I have Sierra 175 grain bullets, IMR4320, IMR4064, and H4895. I have tried all 3 of the powders. The last loads were with the IMR4320 49.5 grains. They did fairly well at 100 yards. I guess I shot it to much and the barrel got hot. And the the rifle started shooting all over the place. So any one have a great load for the Yugo M48? Thanks, gearyr.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have had better accuracy with the heavier bullets and IMR 4350.

Check your action screws. It might have shot loose. It takes only a smidgin' of loose to affest accuracy.

Here is a site with some information:

http://ammoguide.com/cgi-bin/ai.cgi?sn=fqLxGAwBBA&catid=5

Pops
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I shoot an M-48 & a M-48A & the best loads I've found are those in the Speer manual. Their loads are higher pressure than SAAMI standards & work well for me.