1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need 8mm mauser load data-M48 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by gearyr, Aug 24, 2008.

1. gearyr

gearyr New Member

I have been trying to get a accurate reload out of my sportered M48A. It is in excellent condition. With a perfect bore. It also has a Redfield 3x9x40 scope and a Timney sporter trigger. I have Sierra 175 grain bullets, IMR4320, IMR4064, and H4895. I have tried all 3 of the powders. The last loads were with the IMR4320 49.5 grains. They did fairly well at 100 yards. I guess I shot it to much and the barrel got hot. And the the rifle started shooting all over the place. So any one have a great load for the Yugo M48? Thanks, gearyr.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have had better accuracy with the heavier bullets and IMR 4350.

Check your action screws. It might have shot loose. It takes only a smidgin' of loose to affest accuracy.

Here is a site with some information:

http://ammoguide.com/cgi-bin/ai.cgi?sn=fqLxGAwBBA&catid=5

Pops
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I shoot an M-48 & a M-48A & the best loads I've found are those in the Speer manual. Their loads are higher pressure than SAAMI standards & work well for me.