1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need a 22 rifle.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by TheSniper, Feb 21, 2009.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Welcome to TFF, Boto!

You'll get a lot of arguments about which one is the "best," but the most popular new semi-autos seem to be the Ruger 10/22, the Marlin model 60, and the Remington 597 (in that order).

The 10/22 has more accessories and customization options than either of the others, if that makes a difference to you.

Good luck on your search!
  2. tnaibauer

tnaibauer New Member

I have a Ward western field model o4m 434a tube fed 22 s l lr adjustable sight, sholser strap. don't know the value but am open to offers.
  3. tnaibauer

tnaibauer New Member

I have a Ward Western Field with sling adjustable sights bolt action tube fed 22 S L LR. Dont have any idea of the value but am open to serious offers.
  4. rptcons

rptcons New Member

I bought my son a Ruger 10-22 a few years ago. That has been the most accurate, out of the box gun I have ever shot. As far as a bolt action being more accurate...only a fraction of shooters have the skills and God given talent to even make that argument. At least that's what Gunnery Sergeant (Ret.) Carlos Hathcock told me once. I humbly agree.
  5. damage

damage New Member

I recently bought a wildcat with heavy barrel mounted a leupold fx-1 4x28 fixed with bkl .004 drop compo and its unstopable.You get 5 mags with it 3 5 shot and 2 10 shot.The mags are plastic and a bit light but the 5 shots are hiddin in the gun.If you can pick up a toz its the same gun but with less frills.
  6. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

my cousin used a tube and used long ammo for it and it jammed really badly and had to have the firing pin removed and replaced
  7. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

Boto,

Are, simiauto rifles legal in Canada? This could limit your options but not your ability to get a reliable, accurate rifle.
  8. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

sniper, i have a buddy that has one of them marlins with the tube mags, has a fiberglass stock, although im not sure of the model number it is the only one in production currently, and from what he tells me, it is dern accurate with a scope attached.

im thinking about getting one myself

~john
  9. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

They are pretty good but they dont come close the accuracy of the Marlin Lever acton rifles I have had the pleasure to fire.
  10. tnaibauer

tnaibauer New Member

11. tnaibauer

tnaibauer New Member

I have a Ward Western Field model o43m 431a it is chambered for 22 S L LR tube fed bolt action with adjustable sights and sling. reply if interested I am in Indiana
  12. 94z07

94z07 New Member

The Marlin Model 81-DL is tube fed .22 S-L-LR bolt action. Used prices for well preserved examples should be less than $200 and often in the $100 range at shows.
  13. tnaibauer

tnaibauer New Member

sniper I keep trying to reply to you.
    I have a ward western field tube mag bolt action adjustable sights I would sell to you contact me via email tomnaibauer@mchsi.com
  14. TheSniper

TheSniper New Member

Is the CZ 452 any good
  15. sbkittrell

sbkittrell New Member

I've got one of these I bought in near mint condition and I paid just under $200.00 for it, but I probably paid a little too much. I love a tube magazine because you can shoot shorts, longs, long rifles, stingers, cb, etc through them if it's a bolt action or lever action. I don't see the point in getting any .22 with a vertical feed magazine because it normally limit's the type of ammo you can use, unless you want a semiauto, then you might as well get one with a vertical feed mag because the cb's won't cycle through it anyway.