1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need a license to buy/sell powder, primers and such?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by prof_fate, Feb 6, 2012.

1. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

I was at a gun show and only one guy was selling powder, brass, primers, etc. and not at great prices.
    Local gun shop says he started that way and while it was a lot of work going to 20 or 30 shows a year he made good money at it.

The thought of buying wholesale appeals to me - makes it cheaper for me to shoot of course. I already have a business so much of the startup headaches (accounting, banking, tax ID, credit cards, etc) are in place. I spent 10 years in mail order sales so to do a few shows and sell online would be feasible. My business is seasonal so I've got 5 some months of the year to 'fill'...

Does one need some special FFL license to deal in powder/primers?
  2. vasiggie

vasiggie New Member

No you do not, neither for gun parts apart from the part of the firearms ATF considers the reciever.
  3. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

Thanks.

Who are there distributors for such things, assuming I"m not buying a truckload at a time from the manufacturers of course...
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Some of the powder makers list their distributors right on their websites.

Hodgdon's Distributors

Those that don't, just give them a call. They'd love to have another dealer selling their stuff, so they'll hook you up with a distributor no problem.
  5. vasiggie

vasiggie New Member

sports south have very good pricing also the hunting shack. Bea aware of the Hazmat charge though.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012