1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need a little info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by PFCHOlubek, Jul 22, 2011.

1. PFCHOlubek

PFCHOlubek New Member

Recently my grandfather gave me a handgun. I have done a little research on it and not much was found. From what it says on the slide it is a F.I.E Titan II .32 Made in Italy. I have read that the ones made in Italy are the good ones and to stay away from the German made ones.
    I have taken it to the range and put about 50 rounds threw it with out a problem i would just like a little more info on it, my grandfather said he bought it new in the 70's and thats all he could tell me.Any help or info yall could give me would be appreciated

PFC Holubek
    88M Ft.Stewart Ga

Attached Files:

2. Juker

Juker New Member

Greetings, brother - welcome to TFF, and thank you for your service.

Plenty of folks here to help you, I'm sure someone will be along shortly ~
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

welcome to tff pfc hang out and im sure you will get clued in.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Made by the Tanfoglio Family , Veltrompla, Italy. Imported under several names and several import companies, yours was the Titan II by Firearms Import and Export { FIE }. Inexpensive firearm but good value for the money. FIE has exited left and I don't believe the Tanfoglio family is making firearms anymore. Numrich Gun Parts Corp. did at one time had a few parts. To be honest, I don't understand the " German " part. The Titan and its kin were all Italy. Value, WAG, 125 to 150. Hope that helps
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  5. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Tanfoglio makes the EAA WITNESS line of firearms.
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The shop where I worked sold a bunch of those guns and there were few if any problems (unlike some imports). They were not up to Beretta in quality (or price) but were good, reliable guns.

Jim
  7. PFCHOlubek

PFCHOlubek New Member

Thank you guys, some of the stuff i read was saying it was crap but you know a gun shot is a gun shot and if someone wants to break into my house in the middle of the night in pitch black darkness not knowing what is around the corner they will here it weather it be a FIE .32 or a Dessert Eagle the result will be the same.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

the german FIE as you say is less than desirable but the Italian ones are well thought of out here and theres a fair few still ( .32 being the gov prefered ammo other than .22)

and my EAA Witness is a great weapon , ;)