The Firearms Forum banner

need a new V trigger spring

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  HVance 
#1 ·
Hi. I need a new V trigger spring for an H&R American. The only source I've found is Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas, but he has pretty poor reviews on this site. Can anyone make another recommendation?
Thanks.

#4 ·
Thank you TyeDye and Bill. Wolff has a V trigger spring pack specifically for old H&R solid frames - I hope one can be trimmed to fit. Bill, if that doesn't work I will give you a call. At least, it gave me an excuse to order a new Wolff firing pin spring for my M-48.

#5 ·
Success! A very pleasant afternoon was spent trimming springs, fussing with slave pins, assembling and reassembling to get the sear and lifter into the correct notches on the hammer. And damn, it works! My wife's grand_dad was a milkman between the wars, driving a horse drawn wagon in 1920s Los Angeles. He collected the money himself, so carried a fair amount of cash in the pre_dawn hours. The H&R American Safety Hammer .38 S&W was his pocket gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.