1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need Advice on Bullet Type

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by paperboy98, Mar 26, 2010.

1. paperboy98

paperboy98 New Member

I shoot only handguns and need some advice for revolver loads regarding bullet types. I shoot paper targets and the occasional steel profile, always for fun, not competition. Is there any reason I wouldn't load lead SWC bullets for this purpose? Are there reasons I would load FMJ or other jacketed bullets? For targets, would I generally use lighter loads?

Finally, would anyone like to suggest a recipe target load for .38Sp; 357 Mag; 40 S&W and 44 Mag? Thanks for any and all advice and suggestions.
    Paperboy98
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    LSWC Kieth style bullet is the only bullet I reload for my handguns. No reason to not load them from any practical point unless you are shooting in a no lead zone in California. One load I use in my 357 for target shooting is 3 gr of bullseye behind 158 gr LSWC bullet, most use a heavier charge so I don't recommend it, just saying its one of my loads. Good out to 50 yards and fun for rabbit hunting.