The Firearms Forum banner

Need Advice on Old guns

781 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  muddober 
#1 ·
My friends: I am fairly new to this wonderful forum and need some advice. A friend of mine has some old long guns that he told me he would consider selling to me. I have seen them and not being an expert by any means they seem to look like they are in fair condition. No outward rust but some discoleration and a little "roughness" on the blued surfaces. Stocks look old and dry but in fair shape. He said they have not been fired in "years" but they have been kept wrapped in blankets and one has been kept in a soft rifle case. I have no photos of them but I wrote down all that I could on them. I would perhaps like to make him a fair offer but have no idea what that is. I am not looking for a definitive answer but rather a range of values. None of them have any scopes on them.
They are as follows.
1. Winchester Model 94 30 cal rifle lever action serial number 147xxxx
2. Springfield US Arms Co model 84C 22 short or long cal bolt action rifle with a 6 shot clip. No visable serial number.
3.Browning 16 gage 3 shot semi auto 2 3/4 inch shells Serial number A15xxx
I appreciate any assistance you might give me.
Poppypaul

#2 ·
Poppypaul any of us here would have to see good pictures to give even a range of values that you could rely upon.

But I will do it another way I would pay a total of $400.00 for all three guns sight unseen.

Keep in mind that they could well be worth over double that.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.