Need advice quick before its gone.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/7/01 2:53:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Need advice quick before its gone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A guy in the paper has a dillon 1050 press for sale and I'm trying to figure out if its a good deal or not. He wants $1200 for it and he has 38., 45acp, 9mm, and 223 dies, also he has 2 extra tool head converters, a cover for it a repair kit, a case feeder(small rifle and pistol and large rifle), bullet tray, and small and large primer tubes. Is this a good deal on a used unit? All the dies are for cal. I shoot. I would only have to ad a .357 and a 30/06.

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

Edited by: Flhunter at: 10/7/01 3:56:00 pm

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/11/01 10:14:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Need advice quick before its gone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's about $1500-1600 worth of goods, so strictly dollar-wise, it's a deal.

I'd contact Dillon and see what the Lifetime Warranty rules are if you aren't the original owner.

Also, though, I'm loading all those calibers on a Dillon 550, just fine, at about 1/2 that price (~$600 invested in press and dies / toolheads, bullet tray, strong mount).

So, important questions are; MUST have 1050 press? MUST save $$? neither? both?

Rich