need advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nut Behind the Gun, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Nut Behind the Gun

Nut Behind the Gun New Member

Ok me and this girls beens talking and we like each other well her mom thinks im a bad kid im NOT.

HELP
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

She probably thinks all the guys are bad for her daughter. Try to get along with her. She most likely will never like you but that will make the girl only like you more.
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

could be a long road but wita wortht while end. Main thing to remember is not to take it pesonally and get negative. Stay positive and make it your goal to prove her wrong. Find out what she likes and use it. ALL women like flowers. Get some even from grocery store or somewhere similar. No need to spend a ton of money. Its the thought. Go slow, stay positive and do not get mad, and be patient. It will not happen overnight.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Good advice.

Talk nice, be nice and gradually it might work out.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Good advice. take it and use it and hope
  6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

better than her dad not liking you. be nice, open the car door for your girl when you pick her up. you know mom's gonna be ;looking out the window.
  7. Nut Behind the Gun

Thanks
    :)
  8. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Take a good look at your self in the mirror. Hat on backwards, and Pants/Shorts pulled half way down your butt. Do you drive a Van, with a bumper sticker, "If this Van's Rockin Don't bother Knocking". Do you drive one of those Import Cars with a Fart Can Muffler? If you can answer No then things are looking Good.. If yes to those above then GOOD LUCK PERIOD...
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Can you tell us why she thinks this?
  10. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

If you are a good person than that will be evident by your actions. The best way to prove to another that you're a "good" person is to be one.
  11. Nut Behind the Gun

12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

as a parent of daughters ( a scary one at that at the time ) its a protection thing , no-one is good enough and as a male myself , i know what young guys think of and act like ..

her mother probably remembers too and we all want better for our kids than ourselves

want to get her onside ?

try this , my daughter husband did it to me

he asked ," you dont like me much do you "

i replied i only like folks who can take care of themselves and others

he state d he could do that , but seeing he was so young he could always use some pointers

Bingo , sold ... I'm a grandfather nowdays ...

do similar find out what the deal is and ask them to advise you , once someone advises you they tend to lean towards you more

its a psych thing

good luck

you go to church ??

take your GF ...

make sure its good from the start ..
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  13. Nut Behind the Gun

14. geds

geds New Member

As a father of a daughter - the biggest thing with getting under my skin is when the young man ignores me and my wife. He should go out of his way to greet us when he comes into our house to court our daughter. He doesn't have to like us, but he darn sure should show us respect!

And contrary to many young men's opinions, the courting process and the first move in the selling process begins with the young man. As a parent, I don't have to like him and I can make life difficult for him. It it is his best interest to sell himself to us.....
  15. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Some very good advice here. As a father of a female in college I’ll jump in a bit:D.

I'll never forget my daughter’s first "serious" relationship. I put quotes around serious because they think all of them are serious at the age of sixteen. This boy in her class was putting flowers on her car in the middle of the night for her to find in the morning as she went out to go to school, sweet huh? He finally got the nerve to ask her out. So she tells me and my response was I will meet him before he takes you out.

So one Friday afternoon I hear this horrid sound coming from the driveway. It was the boy in his riced out civic. He comes to the door, my daughter let him in to introduce him to me and I see baggy pants practically around his ankles and ball hat turned sideways. My wife instantly went into damage control mode, she knew what was coming.

We excused ourselves from the ladies to talk out in the garage. Basically I asked him WTF he was thinking coming to my house to pick up my daughter looking like that. I forgave him for his appearance but let him know it wasn't welcome in my house. We had a good talk IMO, I told him what I expected out of any young man that wanted to date my daughter and finished by telling him if he hurt my baby I’d kill him. The wife said I was too abrupt and almost made the boy pee his pants but he knew where I stood.

Fast-forward a couple months later. The boy was well groomed and well dressed every time he came to the house. He was very polite to the wife and me.

One night I couldn't sleep and was in the garage when I hear his car pull up to drop off my daughter. I started hearing all kinds of screaming and commotion. I look out the window to see him in her face hollering at her. I grabbed the shotgun and continued to watch. Around five minutes into this he rears back with his fist at her. That’s when I stepped out of the garage, racked the action on my shotgun, which made the both of them stop hollering and placed the muzzle under his chin. I asked him if he remembered the conversation we had a couple months ago. He replied yes sir and I asked him if he thought I was bluffing. He said no Sir and got in his car and left.

There is a bit more to the story but that's the basics of it. So my advice to you would be to treat the girl like she's a queen, respect her parents, and have an appearance about yourself that personifies that and never, never, I mean NEVER take anything her parents say for granted.