need advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nut Behind the Gun, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Nut Behind the Gun

Nut Behind the Gun New Member

Ok me and this girls beens talking and we like each other well her mom thinks im a bad kid im NOT.

HELP
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

She probably thinks all the guys are bad for her daughter. Try to get along with her. She most likely will never like you but that will make the girl only like you more.
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

could be a long road but wita wortht while end. Main thing to remember is not to take it pesonally and get negative. Stay positive and make it your goal to prove her wrong. Find out what she likes and use it. ALL women like flowers. Get some even from grocery store or somewhere similar. No need to spend a ton of money. Its the thought. Go slow, stay positive and do not get mad, and be patient. It will not happen overnight.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Good advice.

Talk nice, be nice and gradually it might work out.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Good advice. take it and use it and hope
  6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

better than her dad not liking you. be nice, open the car door for your girl when you pick her up. you know mom's gonna be ;looking out the window.
  7. Nut Behind the Gun

Thanks
    :)
  8. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Take a good look at your self in the mirror. Hat on backwards, and Pants/Shorts pulled half way down your butt. Do you drive a Van, with a bumper sticker, "If this Van's Rockin Don't bother Knocking". Do you drive one of those Import Cars with a Fart Can Muffler? If you can answer No then things are looking Good.. If yes to those above then GOOD LUCK PERIOD...
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Can you tell us why she thinks this?
  10. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

If you are a good person than that will be evident by your actions. The best way to prove to another that you're a "good" person is to be one.
  11. Nut Behind the Gun

12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

as a parent of daughters ( a scary one at that at the time ) its a protection thing , no-one is good enough and as a male myself , i know what young guys think of and act like ..

her mother probably remembers too and we all want better for our kids than ourselves

want to get her onside ?

try this , my daughter husband did it to me

he asked ," you dont like me much do you "

i replied i only like folks who can take care of themselves and others

he state d he could do that , but seeing he was so young he could always use some pointers

Bingo , sold ... I'm a grandfather nowdays ...

do similar find out what the deal is and ask them to advise you , once someone advises you they tend to lean towards you more

its a psych thing

good luck

you go to church ??

take your GF ...

make sure its good from the start ..
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  13. Nut Behind the Gun

14. geds

geds New Member

As a father of a daughter - the biggest thing with getting under my skin is when the young man ignores me and my wife. He should go out of his way to greet us when he comes into our house to court our daughter. He doesn't have to like us, but he darn sure should show us respect!

And contrary to many young men's opinions, the courting process and the first move in the selling process begins with the young man. As a parent, I don't have to like him and I can make life difficult for him. It it is his best interest to sell himself to us.....
  15. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Some very good advice here. As a father of a female in college I’ll jump in a bit:D.

I'll never forget my daughter’s first "serious" relationship. I put quotes around serious because they think all of them are serious at the age of sixteen. This boy in her class was putting flowers on her car in the middle of the night for her to find in the morning as she went out to go to school, sweet huh? He finally got the nerve to ask her out. So she tells me and my response was I will meet him before he takes you out.

So one Friday afternoon I hear this horrid sound coming from the driveway. It was the boy in his riced out civic. He comes to the door, my daughter let him in to introduce him to me and I see baggy pants practically around his ankles and ball hat turned sideways. My wife instantly went into damage control mode, she knew what was coming.

We excused ourselves from the ladies to talk out in the garage. Basically I asked him WTF he was thinking coming to my house to pick up my daughter looking like that. I forgave him for his appearance but let him know it wasn't welcome in my house. We had a good talk IMO, I told him what I expected out of any young man that wanted to date my daughter and finished by telling him if he hurt my baby I’d kill him. The wife said I was too abrupt and almost made the boy pee his pants but he knew where I stood.

Fast-forward a couple months later. The boy was well groomed and well dressed every time he came to the house. He was very polite to the wife and me.

One night I couldn't sleep and was in the garage when I hear his car pull up to drop off my daughter. I started hearing all kinds of screaming and commotion. I look out the window to see him in her face hollering at her. I grabbed the shotgun and continued to watch. Around five minutes into this he rears back with his fist at her. That’s when I stepped out of the garage, racked the action on my shotgun, which made the both of them stop hollering and placed the muzzle under his chin. I asked him if he remembered the conversation we had a couple months ago. He replied yes sir and I asked him if he thought I was bluffing. He said no Sir and got in his car and left.

There is a bit more to the story but that's the basics of it. So my advice to you would be to treat the girl like she's a queen, respect her parents, and have an appearance about yourself that personifies that and never, never, I mean NEVER take anything her parents say for granted.
  16. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I have 3 daughters and I hate all guys from the start. Don't get super offended and try to smooze her all at once. Just be yourself and proove her wrong.
    Be polite, be a gentlemen and do what's right. Don't try to impress her with BS, it don't fly. If you really like this young lady........ you'll know what to do.
    If dad ois cleaning a gun or loading mags when you come to the door........... don't just assume that it's a mind game. I know, I've been there and have actually run one out that thought it was. Tried to super impress me with his part time military ([I am in NO WAY selling the Air National Gaurd short) position and then told my daughter to hurry up and get her ass in the car. I told him that he might wanna hurry hurry up and get his out the door and that she'd be staying here. PERIOD!
  17. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

My youngest kid is a girl, she was always embarrassed by my doing this but I took a list of "Ten rules to dating my daughter" off the internet and whenever she started dating a boy I had to meet him, and I handed him a copy of them. Since I open carry around the house from the time I get up to the time I lay down, it's always something that they notice right off! If he lasts past the first date, the next time he comes to pick her up I'll usually be cleaning the Saiga, with a 30 round magazine lying next to me. They pretty much pick up on my feelings right away. She has one now that's stuck around for the past two years, I'm going to take him out shooting here soon as it cools off a bit and let her outshoot him and see how he reacts to that...:lmao2:
  18. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I dont have any kids, but i will say i ran into them kind of moms before. Just show RESPECT! It will take time trust me, even after the girl and i broke it off we are still friends. To this day her mom will tolerat me hanging out but still dont care for me but has said that i do and did show respect and thats one thing she cant take from me. Now this was over 10 years ago when this took place so dont get your hopes to high that she will come around, because she my never.
  19. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is well said IMO.

I remember that one boy came over and was leaning on my daughters car. He was all prepped with his shades on and there were about 4 or 5 other guys standing around him with my daughter present. All the boys were pretty much blue jeans and cowboy boots but Romeo was all jazzed up with his hair all perfect and his pants down to his butt and the gangster boy thing happening. I came out to meet the boys and when my daughter introduced me to them they were very polite until she introduced me to Romeo. As soon as she introduced us he says "Yo dude" out of the side of his head and would not give me the time of day. Quicker then a fart can jump out of a frying pan I confronted him military style and gave him a speech about respecting elders, then I kicked him of my property. Like a whipped puppy he left. The other boys were ALWAYS respectful after to me after that. My daughter appreciated me doing that.

Just remember, you are becoming an adult now. If her mamma does not like you, then take a good look in the mirror. Usually women have a great sense of judgement so stop and find out why and learn something. Humbleness always over comes attitude.
  20. geds

geds New Member

Are you being nice to me now? :eek:

I better look around....I feel an ambush lurking....:D

I'm glad your daughter appreciated your actions...