need advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nut Behind the Gun, Jul 21, 2012.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I have 3 daughters and I hate all guys from the start. Don't get super offended and try to smooze her all at once. Just be yourself and proove her wrong.
    Be polite, be a gentlemen and do what's right. Don't try to impress her with BS, it don't fly. If you really like this young lady........ you'll know what to do.
    If dad ois cleaning a gun or loading mags when you come to the door........... don't just assume that it's a mind game. I know, I've been there and have actually run one out that thought it was. Tried to super impress me with his part time military ([I am in NO WAY selling the Air National Gaurd short) position and then told my daughter to hurry up and get her ass in the car. I told him that he might wanna hurry hurry up and get his out the door and that she'd be staying here. PERIOD!
  2. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

My youngest kid is a girl, she was always embarrassed by my doing this but I took a list of "Ten rules to dating my daughter" off the internet and whenever she started dating a boy I had to meet him, and I handed him a copy of them. Since I open carry around the house from the time I get up to the time I lay down, it's always something that they notice right off! If he lasts past the first date, the next time he comes to pick her up I'll usually be cleaning the Saiga, with a 30 round magazine lying next to me. They pretty much pick up on my feelings right away. She has one now that's stuck around for the past two years, I'm going to take him out shooting here soon as it cools off a bit and let her outshoot him and see how he reacts to that...:lmao2:
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I dont have any kids, but i will say i ran into them kind of moms before. Just show RESPECT! It will take time trust me, even after the girl and i broke it off we are still friends. To this day her mom will tolerat me hanging out but still dont care for me but has said that i do and did show respect and thats one thing she cant take from me. Now this was over 10 years ago when this took place so dont get your hopes to high that she will come around, because she my never.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is well said IMO.

I remember that one boy came over and was leaning on my daughters car. He was all prepped with his shades on and there were about 4 or 5 other guys standing around him with my daughter present. All the boys were pretty much blue jeans and cowboy boots but Romeo was all jazzed up with his hair all perfect and his pants down to his butt and the gangster boy thing happening. I came out to meet the boys and when my daughter introduced me to them they were very polite until she introduced me to Romeo. As soon as she introduced us he says "Yo dude" out of the side of his head and would not give me the time of day. Quicker then a fart can jump out of a frying pan I confronted him military style and gave him a speech about respecting elders, then I kicked him of my property. Like a whipped puppy he left. The other boys were ALWAYS respectful after to me after that. My daughter appreciated me doing that.

Just remember, you are becoming an adult now. If her mamma does not like you, then take a good look in the mirror. Usually women have a great sense of judgement so stop and find out why and learn something. Humbleness always over comes attitude.
  5. geds

geds New Member

Are you being nice to me now? :eek:

I better look around....I feel an ambush lurking....:D

I'm glad your daughter appreciated your actions...
  6. 76Highboy

No ambush on this thread. I just agreed with your comments.
  7. geds

geds New Member

Ahhh...the "on this thread" being the operative words.....:rolleyes:
  8. 76Highboy

Well, ok. :na-na:
  9. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Treat the girl and her mom with the utmost respect at all times. I am the proud father of twin girls and they will be 16 this coming January. One of them has had 3 boyfriends so far and while I did not care for the first one the other 2 are OK in my book. The one she has now just happened to stop by the night I was building the gun you see below in my sig pic. I told him that I was building it to protect my daughters with. The second boyfriend she had is like a son to me and will be from now on. Funny thing is they were both out here for the youth trap shoot today and we all had a great time.
  10. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

As the father of a almost 6 year old girl, I just received some good tips on how to handle the boys. Thanks gentleman and God help the boys who show up at my door:D
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Im not gonna say anything but nut behind the gun is my son.Oh well he met this girl at the campground.The other night his said Dad can I go play bingo at the campground.I said What not knowing he had a chic diggin him.Bingo oh good one.lol He so funny but I love him..