need an ID on an old gun now with pictures!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by slave524, Nov 25, 2008.

1. slave524

slave524 New Member

Hi!
    I posted this question a while back with no pics but now I have some
    This gun holds 7 shots and has a fold up trigger. My grandpa brought it back from WW2. It would be awesome if somebody could unravel the mystery of where this gun came from and who made it!

Attached Files:

2. ehughes

ehughes New Member

dont know much about folding trigger handguns, and im certainly no expert, but it's similar to this http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52008 with different grips in better shape, and it's in a larger caliber, and it appears to be a bit fancier as well, someone who really knows should be around shortly to pin down its history, but thought id say something in the meantime
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  3. slave524

slave524 New Member

thanks for the response! 1 step closer to the answer! :D
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Belgium made pocket pistol. My best guess is between the wars production 1918-39, though it could be earlier. There were huge amounts of these made and they sold for around $1.00.
  5. Kestral

Kestral Member

With the length of cylinder it is most likley 5.7mm,they also made them in 25acp,known as Velo-Dogs,sold to cyclists mainly in France to shoot dog that chased them.1900 to 1920 approx.If you can get a copy of Arms of the World 1911 by Digest Books inc Northfield Illinois, there are dozens of them listed,pics enc

Attached Files:

6. Kestral

Kestral Member

Additional info,Fiocchi ammo Italy still produce 5.7mm in small quantities,maybe some gunstore might still have some.Kestral
  7. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

If there are no proof marks, then it might be Spanish.
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The only country with out a National Proof House was the U.S. If it wass made in any country in Europe it should have a proof mark.
  9. slave524

slave524 New Member

Thanks for all the responses!
    Where would I find this proof mark?
    The only 2 markings that I saw on the gun that did not make it into the pictures were a 5 to 6 digit number and a very small 6 sided star stamped on the Cylinder and I think in another spot also, but I can't remember exactly (I will have to check with my Grandma again)
  10. skiforce

skiforce New Member

What caliber is it? I have one just like it. The topstrap is marked "F Faulkner & Cie Prague." On the left side of the barrel is "22. 11. 21." The number "2110" is stamped on the frontstrap of grip and the number "268" stamped on the top of the barrel. It is an 8mm five-shot with a loading gate, a 45mm barrel length (eight sided, unrifled) and a folding trigger. It can be fired double or single action and has a bird's-head grip. The overall length is about 150mm, and height is about 90mm. I will try to get pics of it up soon. Your's looks newer.
  11. Win_88

Win_88 New Member

Its a Veledog
    FL with sabers Manufactured by FRANKEN & L√úNENSCHLOSS

http://www.littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies e f/a franken and lunenschloss gb.htm

Simular as markings on this gun

http://www.littlegun.be/ma_collection/belgique/be fghij/a be francken and luneschloss gb.htm

R under crown means rifled bore used 1894 to 1968

PV under a stylize lion means its Powder without smoke used 1868 to 1968

q under a star is the coutermark of the controller

Your cylinder will have more markings and so will the frame under the grips..
    That will be the inspector and assembler. It may also have a serial number.

The cylinder may also has the mark of the foundry..