Need brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by smlranger, Nov 22, 2011.

1. smlranger

smlranger New Member

I will soon need some 40 and 45 Auto brass. Seems like Starline is all on backorder. I am considering getting some once-fired brass. Who is a good source for that and what are the pros-cons of using once-fired?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Check with our forum sponsors. If they dont have what you need, just google once fired brass for sale.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    No cons, all pros! Free is the best price, but once fired brass from an on line dealer is still cheaper than new brass.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And pistol brass is incredibly hard to wear out. Once fired factory brass is IMO, just dirty new brass.
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

:yeahthat:
  6. RandyP

RandyP Member

Also, if you shoot at an indoor range? MOST shooters do not reload and those two calibers are available for free if you simply ask the folks in the nearest booths if it's OK to scrounge it up.

I always come back from a range trip with more brass than I shot.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

If you will send me a PM with your address, I will send you some .40 brass. It is mixed headstamps with some of it being once fired and some of it be tenth fired. I don't think I have any .45 and if I did it would be very little, but I will send you some of that too, if I have it. It will be a few days before I could get it in the mail to you, though!
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Careful with that though. If the range sells the brass theyll kick you out for theft. And some of them wont even let you pick your own back up.. I know, its BS.
  9. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

I was in a pinch for 40 recently and went to precision delta, they have 1k for $40, that includes roll sizing, decapping, tumbling and shipping, not bad since it went straight to the press for loading. 45 on the other hand seems like its been sparse lately, my range sells brass for $2 per pound and the 45 bucket has a few, if any stragglers thats it.
  10. X Ring

X Ring Member

11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats the one I was tryin to remember. I kept wanting to say it was top gun, but thats a gunshop in Arnold MO.. :)
  13. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

14. smlranger

smlranger New Member

I do believe in supporting merchants who support the forum. My order with Top Brass has been placed.