1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need cylinder for Colt New Frontier SA .22LR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Jbobin
    (12/11/02 10:48:43 am)
    Reply Need cylinder for Colt New Frontier SA .22LR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I purchased a used mid 1960's Colt New Frontier .22LR the other day. The previous owner sold his car and forgot the gun was in his trunk (for the last 5 years). He retrieved it from the car dealer and I bought it for $125. The frame, case hardening and ancilliaries are in good shape, but the cylinder is deeply fouled with corrosion on the exterior. The chambers are shiny and smooth. I brushed the cylinder and now it looks like polished corrosion. The gun actually shoots well and the gaps measure within tolerance.

I would like to replace the cylinder because it looks junky, does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement?

JBobin

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/11/02 5:28:43 pm)
    Reply Re: Need cylinder for Colt New Frontier SA .22LR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Try this link.
    www.coltparts.com/part2_cyl.html
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?