1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need grips and info on H&R model ?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Poppapooter, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Poppapooter

Poppapooter New Member

Recently purchased a H&R solid frame pull pin revolver in 32 S&W long with a round butt in blue, serial # AM128XX. Not sure what model number it as it has a six shot cylinder but written on the barrel is "MODEL 632 32 S&W". I've found one referance that shows the Model 632 is a five shot and another referance that states it is a six shot. The gun as I purchased it has no grips. I bought the laminated grips (part #1135560A) from Gun Parts Corp (aka Numrich). The grips are too large and not worth the bother of returning. Does anyone know where I may buy grips and grip screws? Do I need a grip bracket as none came with the gun? Is this gun considered a large or small frame? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the model 632 in latter life came with a round butt (small two piece plastic with grip bracket) only. the letter code AM was used by H&R in 1974. to the best of my knowledge the model 632 has alway been a six shot revolver.

MODEL 632 LARGE SOLID FRAME .32 CENTERFIRE CALIBER
    PULL PIN CYLINDER RELEASE BLUE-------------------------------1952-1959
    Solid Frame, Double Action, Pull Pin Cylinder Release, Round & Square butt, 32 S&W Long caliber, 6 shot, Blue Finish, Barrel Lengths 2½ & 4 inches
    VALUE: 100%=$165 60%=$95

MODEL 632 SECOND MODEL
    (TRANSFER BAR IGNITION SYSTEM)----------------------------1973-1986
    Solid Frame, Double Action, Pull Pin Cylinder Release, Round & Square Butt, 32 S&W Long caliber, 6 shot, Blue Finish, Barrel Lengths 2½ & 4 inches
    VALUE: 100%=$175 60%=$105

bill
  3. Poppapooter

Poppapooter New Member

Thank you for your response. Any idea where I may find grips and grip bracket? I'm rather hesitant to go back to Numrich since the last pair I bought was way too large and I suspect their other grips for the Mobel 632 will also be too big.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

there are a couple of other gun parts suppliers Jack First inc. and bob's gun shop than come to mind. just be sure and tell them your revolver has the small round butt grip frame.
    bill
  5. Poppapooter

Poppapooter New Member

Thanks again for the info, really appreciate it. Hope to see your new book published soon, we need it.