Need gun advice.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Small.Shooter, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

For me you have to consider hitting what your aiming at. The .38 special was designed exactly for that purpose (in either 2 or 4" barrels) and with a slug that has good stopping power and noise. I especially like a six shot, double action in +P with the Hollow point rounds. Also, a speed loader should be handy. For me the heavier the barrel the less recoil with more accuracy. I will add my two-bits worth on the importance with noise in another post.

Hit 'em Good
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Have you ever thought of looking into a .380 acp Semi-Automatic with a 3.5 inch barrel. Some have the option of having 15 round mags with 1 in the chamber. These weapons are easy on the wallet and affordable to shoot and feel really good in the hand

Hit 'Em Good
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

This is a very good point in my humble estimation.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Wait...... he was looking for a revolver, and settled on a...... Radom? What the....

In that case, buy something modern and comfortable to shoot, easy to conceal, reliable and inexpensive, as in, a Keltec. Oh, and it's American made too.

Revolver to....Radom????? What the......? :confused::confused::confused:
  5. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

A lot of the polish military men like the Radom 64, after all it's......is this a joke? Come on.... I prefer the sharps rifle when I hunt bufaloo...... And the colt pocket pistol for in my vest when I gamble on the river boat. Rod Sterling, are you listening?
  6. Small.Shooter

Small.Shooter New Member

Poke fun if you must, but I prefer firearms that have a proven history. I actually didn't settle on a Radom, I just like the way they feel in my hand and after all isn't that one of the main reasons for buying a weapon is the feel of it. I had to give up my 1911 so I wanted an autoloader for my most of the time carry. I will get a revolver but it will have to wait till I can have the means to purchase one.