Need help choosing a .380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hackercat13, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ole iron sights

ole iron sights New Member

i agree with jay , in the old days when you had earned the respect and finally got a gun , i am sure it wasn't new . it may have been an heirloom or a present from some one, did it fit? who knows till ya get used to it and learned how to hit something with it...... yeah it fit !
    oh yea didn't hear anyone tell ole' granny the double barrel was to big for her
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Pro-Gun"Liberal"

Pro-Gun"Liberal" New Member

What about the colt mustang? I have never fired one, but Colt tends to make good weapons and I can't help but LOVE the looks. It's just an extremely scaled down 1911, about the size of a p3at, just thicker. Anyone that cannot appreciate the looks of the 1911 has no aesthetic sense, IMO.

But again, I have not fired it. Anyone use that gun? It certainly needs to put reliable fire out whether it looks good or not...
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I see you selected a LCP, probably a good choice. I have never had a LCP but do own a LCR. If I had made a suggestion before, I would have suggested that you look at the Sig P-238. It is a pretty close copy of the Colt Mustang.

How did your range session go?
  4. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

[​IMG]

I am in love! I shot 100 rounds on Winchester White box through it, no FTF or FTEs. This is the last 2 mags (12 rounds) at 25 feet. That is a 6 inch target, 10 of 12 on the target, and the 2 just below and right. I am sure the gun can do better, but that DA trigger takes some getting used too!

Chris
  5. coonbait

coonbait New Member

if you reload finding the brass from either the LCP or the kel-tec is a pain in the a$$ those things fly 20-30 feet away....
  6. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

I did notice it is rather enthusiastic about ejecting a spent round! My other .380 is a Makarov, so I am used to brass flying around!
    Chris
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

bersa thunder or sig p238.
  8. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

I have been carrying it in a desantis nemesis holster in my back pocket, or inside pocket of my jacker when cold. I may go for a bulldog cell phone holster or a true wallet holster next, I like having options that fit different clothing needs. I wouldn't recommend going no-holster, it's so small, it can flop around in your pocket, and end up in a position not condusive to accessing it quickly.
  9. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

Nope, unless I have a big jacket or a fanny pack, in which case I prob have my Makarov. I figure I may get off 1/2 the clip, and then it's hand to hand time. I do have a second mag for the LCP, but it's not something I have put much thought into. Maybe I'll re-evaluate that.
    Chris
  10. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

Yeah, in the glove box makes sense, just not on me. That's the reason I got an LCP, it's small, and I never think "man, I don't want to strap this thing on today."
    I may try a set of Wolff heavier-duty recoil springs though, it is a bit of a noisy cricket!