The Firearms Forum banner

Need help choosing skeet shotgun

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bumblebee 
#1 ·
For some reason I seem to naturally shoot a side by side shotgun better than a over under and both better than a overall longer automatic (when shooting a skeet that is). Also it seems easier to shoot a 26" barreled double gun than a 28" or 30". So, I have a few questions. First, should I force myself to get better with a over/under or go with what seems more natural to me. Second, are there any $2000 or less sxs shotguns that will work reliably for 50,000 plus rounds like the Browning Citori or Beretta over/unders? I am really interested in the Beretta Silver Hawk sxs 12 gauge with 26" barrels and would like to know if anyone has any experience with it. I have a Fausti Style model 20gauge sxs that I've got around 5,000 rounds through and love it. I really want a 12 gauge double to try and get past my 19-20 average at skeet and hopefully start trying out some sporting clays and I want it to handle the 100-200 rounds a week for years with no problems.

#3 ·
I am not good at skeet as trap is my game. Last summer I shot a round of skeet and one of the guys had a side by side. He shot a 24 with it.

#4 ·
I am also a trap shooter.I shoot ATA
As much as I shoot, I should be a world champion. I am one of those shooters that are.not good enough to win but too good to quit. But I also shoot skeet and
Sporting clays. Skeet shooters used to shoot 26" guns but these days most shoot 30" to 32" guns.I shoot SxS shotguns but would consider shooting one in competition. My self I shoot an MX 2000 with an MX 3 barrel. I use this gun to shoot trap doubles an Sporting Clays. I use a TMX for singles and handicap .What do you shoot on trap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.