Need Help Finding 10ga 00 buck shells

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by dedlegs, Sep 28, 2011.

1. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

Hello!!! I am in process of creating some cartridge boards to give to my grandsons. I have a few posts on TFF and the GREAT FOLKS at TFF have helped me out considerably. To complete my collection, I need 2 or better yet 3 10 guage 00 buck shells or deer slugs. I live in rural upstate NY and can't find any around here. On line they cost a fortune, especially for shipping. I was hoping someone out there may have a few in their back pocket or other places that may want to share with me. I'll be glad to pay, I just can't afford $37 dollars to purchase them and have them shipped. As always, Thanks again for your help Dave
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  3. brad87

brad87 Former Guest

those appear to all be 12 gauge rounds, carver.

I personally have not seen any 10 gauge 00/000 for many moons, and it was at a gunshow in the 'collectors ammo' booths. The slugs on the other hand I've seen more recently, but I cannot recall where it was or I'd go check em out to see what the price would be.

I'd guess the best way would be to have someone reload them for you if you know anyone who does that, or could do it yourself.
  4. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

5. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

6. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

Clink on the link above one finds the cost of 5 10ga shells = 19.60 plus 17.41 for handeling and shipping Total for (5) shells 37.01. Don't know about you guys but that's pretty damn steep for me! The reason I posted is I thought someone may have some "old" shells kicking around or know of a local place where they may find them etc and I could get them for a lot less. Kind of like someone posting they need 12ga slugs but on line they cost 37.00. If I had some extras, I would wrap them well, put them in a small box and mail them to the person. I would probably as for postage but actually I wouldn't as nobody charged me for sending me stuff. I found plenty of places on line but all of them want $35 dollars and up for them. But, Thanks for your thoughts and answers guys.
  7. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Sorry dedlegs, I don't even know anyone with a 10ga
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Any gun shows in your area? You may get lucky.