1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

NEED HELP FINDING A VINTAGE PART OR A GUNSMITH TO REPAIR

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by GALYSPORTS, Mar 25, 2012.

1. GALYSPORTS

GALYSPORTS New Member

HI, MY NAME IS LOU DONELLO, 3 MONTHS AGO MY UNCLE PAST AWAY, HE LEFT ME A MOSSBERG MODEL B, 22 CAL. LONG, OR SHORT, SINGLE SHOT RIFFLE, I GUESS IT WAS HIS, WHEN HE WAS YOUNG, I WAS TOLD IT WAS MADE BETWEEN 1927 AND 1933 MY QUESTION IS, I KNOW THAT THE FIRING PIN IS BROKEN, I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A FULL BOLT OR JUST THE FIRING PIN IF ITS POSSIBLE OR BE REPAIRED ????

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

LOU
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Hey GALYSPORTS, welcome to The Firearms Forum. I did a quick Google search and the only place that I see that might have what you need is this place since they claim to have millions of gun parts: http://www.gun-parts.com/mossberg/

The first place I always check for gun parts is Numrich Arms, but the only part they listed for a model B is the barrel and they were "out of stock". Every other placed I looked showed no parts for the Model B. Good luck with your search.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That ones a doosey. Gonna be next to impossible to find parts for it. Having a Firing pin made may be your only choice.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

http://www.box54.com/exploded-b-2piecebolt.jpg

Luckily it is a cylindrical striker so one can easily be turned on a lathe by an equipped gunsmith. Its a good thing you have the old one still too, that will be necessary for the smith to take measurements from.

What part of the nation are you in?
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Lou, They were made from 1928-1932, with the earlier models using a two piece bolt.
    You will need to know if your bolt is the two piece or one piece.
    Bob at http://www.gun-parts.com/mossberg/ would be my first place to look, give him a call and ask.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

7. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

On either bolt, it is typically the tip that breaks off. Usually from dry-firing. We can machine a new firing pin, but we have had good results on similar designs with drilling the body of the old pin and installing a new tip made from hardened drill stock.
  8. GALYSPORTS

GALYSPORTS New Member

IM IN NEW JERSEY

TY
  9. GALYSPORTS

GALYSPORTS New Member

HI IM IN NEW JERSEY

TY
  10. GALYSPORTS

GALYSPORTS New Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

LOU
  11. GALYSPORTS

GALYSPORTS New Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
  12. toppkatt

toppkatt Member

13. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

How do you attach the new tip?
    Mike
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you can silver solder it or braze it on or totalley remove the striker tip drill where it was and insert a new striker end and green loctite that or solder or braze again ..