Need help fully identifying a couple revolvers...

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bodiddlie, May 13, 2012.

1. bodiddlie

bodiddlie New Member

Just inherited a couple of old revolvers and I was wondering if I could get a little help identifying them. The first is an Iver Johnson's top break revolver. It has the hammer and the serial number under the grip is C67690. Under the break is 67690. I'm assuming that it's a 32 s&w black powder, but want to be sure.

The other is a F&W top break that is stamped Forehand Arms Co. Worcester, MASS USA Pat'd DEC 7, '86 & JANY. 11, '87 on the top of the barrel. On the bottom of the grip is 376333 and 6333 is found under the break.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

edit: adding pics

F&W
    [​IMG]

Barrel of F&W
    [​IMG]

Iver Johnson
    [​IMG]

Barrel of Iver Johnson
    [​IMG]
    -bodiddlie
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. bodiddlie

bodiddlie New Member

Looks like this thread got moved. I'm going to give it one bump just in the hopes that someone will check it out and be able to help. Thanks!
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

The patents dates and serial identify your Iver Johnson as a second model black powder .38 S&W caliber made in 1897.

Forehand and Wadsworth became Forehand Arms Co. in 1890, and was bought by Hopkins & Allen in 1902, so another black powder gun but there are no serial no. records.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum we have people on here that will come along and help
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Ordinarily neither gun would be worth much, but that is such a nice IJ that I would think $250-300 would be a reasonable value.

Jim
  6. bodiddlie

bodiddlie New Member

Thanks all for the info. I figured the IJ was a black powder model but wanted to be sure since it was still in such good condition.