Need help identifing SAA clone .45 LC

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mrroadhouse, Nov 12, 2009.

1. mrroadhouse

mrroadhouse New Member

I resently acquired a SAA .45LONG COLT that it's MFG is uncertain. I have contacted Colt and they say it's not a real Colt. And also EMF Great Western and it's not there's either. It say's on the left side of the barrel "COLT'S PT. EA. MFG.CO.HARTFORD,CONN.U.S.A. " and stamped on top of the barrel is "CALIFORNIAN CAL .45 LONG COLT" It has a serial number C0591 and a proof mark that looks like a script K above the frame SN #. sn on cyl is etched with same number as frame. I have no other info to go on ! Any ideas who may have made this gun ???????????
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

3. mrroadhouse

mrroadhouse New Member

I just spoke with them and they say that they never produced a californian with that serial number or with a barrel manufactured by colt. I thought that I had it figured out but they are very comvincing that it is not a EMF gun.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i dont doubt they never produced a gun with that serial number they didnt produce any califorians they imported them from pietta. it might of been sold through taylor and company too though their web site doesnt list it.