NEED HELP IDENTIFYING A MUZZLELOADER

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by johnfausch, Apr 6, 2009.

1. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

Hi folks, I am very new to this and I ask your help. I was given a muzzleloader and the only identifying mark I can find is a "bee" (like a honey bee) and the wings of the "bee" have L and G stamped on it's wings. Any idea of who the manufacturer is? I can provide pictures if that will help.

Thanks, John

Thanks to the black powder forum, I have id'd the mfg. as "Georges LaLoux" (...sounds frenchy to me...) I still do not know the model, or the value. If fact, I don't know the "caliber", but the ID of the barrel is 7/8" and OD is 1 1/8". Much of the hardware seems to be brass insted of iron. I think it is a military version so it probably hasn't seen much action...? I posted pic.s (not good ones tho...) on the "Ask the Pros Forum". Any thoughts??

Smsgt(Ret.) johnfausch - ex C-130 Loadmaster
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009