Need help identifying handgun.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JonKc, Mar 5, 2010.

1. JonKc

JonKc New Member

All i know about the gun is that it was handed down from my grandfather, and it says made in germany, and on the grip says PIC. There is other writing anywhere.

Attached Files:

2. JonKc

JonKc New Member

I meant there was NO other writing anywhere, sorry.
  3. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

found this through google.

Resolved Question
    Show me another »
    I need some help identifying an old .25 pistol?
    I have just inherited a .25 Cal Semi Auto Pistol. It has PIC on the grips and PIC Decatur GA Cal .25; Made in Germany on the side. Very small pistol, no larger than the size of a wallet. Its old from like 1950-1960. I can't seem to find any info. about this weapon, all help much appreciated :) thx.

* 1 year ago

Report Abuse
    randkl by randkl

Total points:
    15768 (Level 6)

* Add to My Contacts
    * Block User

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    Precise Imports Co. They imported guns from Germany and Italy....and though most are as close to junk as possible....and I mean *real* Saturday night specials....some are very decent weapons. Try searching on http://*********.com for "Reck P8" or

"Reck SM11"....see if those match yours?

Try this one.... http://*********.com/Auction/ViewItem.as…

It's pre-1968....all I can tell you without seeing it. 1968's Firearms Act outlawed those guns from import.
  4. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

found this also...google is your friend.
    # 4544 - PIC .25
    1/19/02
    David, Riverton, UT
    PIC - .25 - 3" - Blue - 64914 -

This gun is a semi-automatic and very small. Approximately 4" long. Side of gun has the following: PIC Decatur, GA Cal.25Made in Germany It has black handle grips with the words PIC, in large letters, at the top of the grip. Who made this gun? I can't find any information on it.

Answer:
    David, my records indicate that your pistol was manufactured by Gerstenberger & Eberwein of Gussenstadt, West Germany. Gerstenberger & Eberwein manufactured of a line of cheap handguns that were sold in the USA in the late 1950's and early 1960' s prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Values for these firearms are in the $50 or less range. Marc
  5. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

PIC (Precise Imports Co.) US PIC Importer from Germany and Italy
  6. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

7. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

# 12450 - Gerstenberger & Eberwein Value
    6/24/2008
    Kevin, Defiance, Ohio
    Gerstenberger & Eberwein - Gussenstadt, Germany - .32 - 3'' - Blue - 2248 -

Barrel - Cal.32 S&W lg. Left front side of frame - 63 and then a marking similar to an antler (?) I am curious to see if this is still an active company and what the approximate value and/or ''history'' of this gun might be. It belonged to my grandfather and will certainly hold more sentimental value than monetary, so this inquiry is merely to satisfy my curiosity. I would deeply appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you very much in advance.

Answer:
    Kevin, Gerstenberger & Eberwein was founded in West Germany in the early 1950s. Since their founding, the company has produced a line of cheap starter pistols, .22 rimfire revolvers and .32 center-fire revolvers under various names including Em.Ge, G&E, Omega and PIC.

All of the Gerstenberger & Eberwein revolvers were double action, six-shot with solid frames and barrels measuring 2.25 to 6 inches in length. There were two basic patterns, a gate-loaded design with ejection performed by removing the cylinder arbor pin to punch out spent cases, and a design with a spring-loaded ejector rod on the bottom right side of the barrel. Gerstenberger & Eberwein revolvers were widely sold in the USA before the gun control laws of 1968 banned the importation of this type of firearm. Values are modest, they top out at around $100. Marc
  8. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

# 1296 - EM-GE Derringer
    5/25/98
    Kristi, Norfolk, Va.
    Maker Model Caliber Barrel Length Finish Serial Number
    EM-GE Mod. 5 .320 1 1/4 blued no serial number

This double barrel derringer was taken from a dead German fighter pilot during WWII by a relative. Her surviving widow would like to know the identity of this piece as well as some history and an approximate value. Some one told her it was a gut gun or a suicide gun. Any information would be helpful. Thank-you .

Answer:
    Kristi, EM-GE is a Tradename used on firearms manufactured by Moritz & Gerstenberger (before 1939) or Gerstenberger & Eberwein (after 1939) of Gussenstadt, Germany. EM-GE manufactures a line of cheap firearms and starter pistols that were banned from import into the US by the gun control act of 1968. It is very doubtful that this weapon is of military issue, my guess is that it was purchased privately and carried by the pilot as an emergency self defense weapon. Your other source was correct, this is definitely a "suicide gun " or "Saturday night special", value would be in the $50.00 or less range... Marc
  9. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

10. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

in all seriousness, this may be a starter pistol in which case you do not want to try real ammo in it.
    most consensus is not to try ammo in it no matter what.
  11. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

it looks like barrel may have threads in the very end of it. if it does or is minus rifling in barrel it is almost certainly a starter, teargas, flare gun. either way, i still would stress no matter what, no live ammo