Need Help Identifying Tear Gas Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Old Gun Guy, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Hello!
    I came across this tear gas revolver in a batch of other old revolvers I recently purchased. It is different in the fact that there are no markings on it except for the number "1" stamped on the forward face of the cylinder, and on the center pin as shown in the pics. It seems to be a very well made revolver, heavier then usual, with checkered wooden grips. It is chambered for 6-.32 caliber tear gas rounds with the front cylinder chambers stepping down to .22 caliber size.
    Anyone ever seen one of these before? Any inputs would be very appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Old Gun Guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

In general shape and the type of cylinder flutes, it looks like the kind of European revolver made and sold by the ton in the 1880-1914 era, but the wood grips have a modern look. The frame and barrel appear to have been cast in one piece, unlike the "real" revolvers of the type. You might look for proof marks, but there probably are none since most proof laws don't require proof for gas/blank guns. I suspect German origin.

Jim