Need Help Identifying This Cylinder

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Old Gun Guy, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Hello!
    I have been searching for the make of this cylinder for quite awhile now with no luck. The only markings on the cylinder is a "U" and the number "8" on the front face. I don't even know if the cylinder bushing goes with it, but it seems to fit. The O.D. of the bushing is .3480", and the OAL is 1.8325". It is chambered for 6-.32/20 rounds. Here are some pics and measurements. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Old Gun Guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It looks Coltish, maybe one of the older swing cylinder revolvers, though nothing I have matches exactly. I don't think the bushing belongs to a swing cylinder revolver.

The "not quite" fit of the extractor and the rectangular cylinder bolt notches leads to thoughts of an old Spanish revolver, many of which were imitation Colt and also in .32-20. (Those Colts had trapezoidal stop notches.)

Jim