Need help identifying

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Bigruss09, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Bigruss09

Bigruss09 New Member

Hey guys I'm new to the forums, but I hear you guys give out excellent info. On any questions, and very helpful. So here's my question, I just acquired a H&r top break revolver in .32 caliber. I'm trying to find out what exact model/variation I have. Also I've had trouble with mine consistently firing, almost like the firing pin will not reset, it's hammer less. Does anyone else have this problem?! At first I thought it was an internal safety, but I didn't think they would have them back :bleh::confused:in 1800's. On top of the barrel, is as follows ... "Harrington and Richardson arms company. Worcester mass. USA Pat Oct. 4th,87' Apr 2, 95'. Apr. 7th, 96'. " no serial number or other markings anywhere! :confused: idk how to post a pic or I would...
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

There is a firing pin spring that should retract the firing pin, but very often the spring is broken or crushed or the breech is rusted or battered and the pin itself gets stuck. If some oil or penetrant doesn't correct the problem, the firing pin bushing pin can be driven out and the firing pin tapped from the back to drive the bushing out to the front along with the firing pin and spring for inspection, cleaning and/or replacement.

Jim