need help on M1A

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by blackhawkkid308, Sep 29, 2009.

1. traded a newer loaded for this rifle tonight and i need some info on this rifle. the writing on the rear of the reciever is different on the rest of my rifles. the serial# is 0111XX is has all springfield parts and the only marking on the barrel is NM on the top of the barrel behind the front sight. the barrel is a standard weight with a non chrome bore. the sights are standard sights with a locking bar. it has a bayonet lug on the flash supressor. any ideas on what year and what she is?
    bhk308
    [​IMG]

2. OBrien

OBrien New Member

May 6, 2009
    Bangor Maine
    No idea on any specifics but it sure is pretty.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    I just don't think you will like it:D and I think you need to get rid of it, I will swap this for it.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Nice looking M1A1.... :)

mike
    gn

5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    OMG you got a spaceman gun?!?!

6. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Chouteau, Oklahoma
    Come on, that one doesn't look so evil, its kinda cute...;)

7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
  8. i called springfield and it is a standard model made in september 1979 according to the archive books as it wasn't on the computers. she said it didn't have a nm marked barrel when it left springfield but i have heard that some of the standards did have them as they were copies of the GI national match rifles.
    bhk308